Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:19:45 am

Author Topic: Monash Vs Melbourne for Science  (Read 583 times)  Share 

ahnafamer

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: BoxHill High school
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Monash Vs Melbourne for Science
« on: December 17, 2018, 06:14:27 pm »
Hey Atar Notes! Hope all of you guys are somewhat happy with your ATARs haha. I've recently been offered a scholarship to both Melbourne and Monash for science and tossing up between both. I'm very interested in the health sciences field, an am interested in physiology, pharmacology and disease etc. With regards to the quality of teaching of both of these courses, the employability after a bachelors degree at one of these uni's and overall experience and quality of facilities, which uni is recommended? Thank you so much :) 

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Monash Vs Melbourne for Science
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 06:20:09 pm »
Hey Atar Notes! Hope all of you guys are somewhat happy with your ATARs haha. I've recently been offered a scholarship to both Melbourne and Monash for science and tossing up between both. I'm very interested in the health sciences field, an am interested in physiology, pharmacology and disease etc. With regards to the quality of teaching of both of these courses, the employability after a bachelors degree at one of these uni's and overall experience and quality of facilities, which uni is recommended? Thank you so much :) 

I'll leave it to you, but I'm pretty sure you can actually find data about this online. Critically, you should consider how each degree is structured (and how that relates to your goals), the distance to each university, the terms of the scholarship you've got. If you're interested in health sciences, both offer good opportunities to study in that field. UniMelb is connected in with better research institutions, though.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd