Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:54:22 am

Author Topic: CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!  (Read 8502 times)  Share 

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:34:29 pm »
Tell us what you thought!

We had a few people trying to predict questions in advance - do you think this paid off?

How did you go with your time management? In which order did you do the paper?

Importantly, do you think you'd change your study methods prior to the exam for HSC or were you really happy with how you prepared for this one?

Papers were required to be held until today (Thursday 17th) so we can now chat about the questions and the approaches we took. However, please do not share copies of the exam or anything similar!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:01:52 pm by jamonwindeyer »
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
Re: CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 12:48:09 pm »
+1
The paper wasn't too bad honestly. I just think the short answer questions might have been a little iffy, especially since the 7 marker kind of benefit people who did a certain contemporary issue
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

georgiia

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:01 pm »

The paper wasn't too bad honestly. I just think the short answer questions might have been a little iffy, especially since the 7 marker kind of benefit people who did a certain contemporary issue

Yeah I agree about the 7marker, but otherwise it was pretty ok

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 01:00:59 pm »
+1
In my opinion, the Crime question was a blessing, but I would have had to think carefully about the short answers!

Did you all think you prepared well?

JD99

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:01:56 pm »
+1
I totally agree about the 7 marker...I had nooo idea how to fill two pages about that............... :(

Did anyone else struggle with a couple of the MC questions?? I went thru at the end and changed a couple of my answers...i hope it pays off coz usually when I change they end up being wrong anyways.... :(

JD99

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 01:02:58 pm »
+1
In my opinion, the Crime question was a blessing, but I would have had to think carefully about the short answers!

Did you all think you prepared well?

Yes it was!!

No.....i felt like most of the things i had prepared for weren't in there... :(
Hopefully they are in the HSC :)

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:17:15 pm »
+2
Without getting too specific, how did you guys go about answering that 7 marker? I felt like I was bending the question a bit too much and trying to make my own contemporary issue fit
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:18:40 pm »
+2
the crime question was a little broad, thank goodness, because i definitely wouldn't be able to write enough for a 15 marker. some of the multiple choice i had no idea what to choose so at least there's that 1 in 4 chance of getting it right because i guessed a lot 😂 the short answers, especially the 7 marker was a big wtf moment for me but the options were better :-) i don't think i'd change the way i studied for the hsc because i have a one week gap between exams then so i would have a lot more time to study.
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

oliviamarie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:29:42 pm »
+2
I owe my life to these forums for correctly predicting the crime and family option essay qs. Did a practice essay on them yesterday.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »
I owe my life to these forums for correctly predicting the crime and family option essay qs. Did a practice essay on them yesterday.

I'm so glad :')

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 02:34:18 pm »
+2
so essentially my school does family law and world order but we haven't learned world order yet so we needed to do both of the family law options and one was an actual joke. One of the legal teachers is a lawyer and said even she couldn't answer it. It just sucked because I had to sit there and answer both knowing that everything was soooo wrong. Multiple choice was also a little like trivia and really random. I hope other people went better hahaha

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 03:24:06 pm »
Yeah I agree about the 7marker, but otherwise it was pretty ok

The seven marker was iffy. I didn't discuss the seven marker in relation to a contemporary issue, did we have to? I think I might've misread.

I knew going on that multiple choice was my weakest area. For past papers, it'd always be an area where I struggled and as the exam came, i would simply do past papers for the multiple choice.

I walked out and I know a got a couple wrong already but I do rush the multiple choice and don't put enough thought into it so, D: Besides that, and the seven marker, everything else went fairly well. I could've done better but oh well.

Essays went pretty well for me. Hopefully I maintain rank :S Glad it's over though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:55:52 pm by TheFreeMarketeer »

lucyjayne

• Trailblazer
  • Sad backwards is das und das ist nicht gut
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 04:15:25 pm »
My teacher is so incredibly un creative and wrote our exam and it was exactly the same as a practice exam he gave us like almost identical, normally this would be good but now I feel like I'll have an unfair disadvantage in the HSC from not having any knowledge of the CSSA exams. Some people didn't get the practice exam too so now my class is angry lol.
HSC 2017: Legal Studies, English (Standard), Modern History, Ancient History, Studies of Religion II, German Continuers.

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »
+1
for me, the mc was def the worst >:(
there was so many i didn't know and a lot were really specific... :-[
overall, it was a bit of a struggle....  ???
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

Primallis

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 04:53:28 pm »
The seven marker was iffy. I didn't discuss the seven marker in relation to a contemporary issue, did we have to? I think I might've misread.

No it just said with reference to the above extract and provide examples. It didn't explicitly state a contemporary issue so you would be fine to do so without the address of a contemporary issue. In the past HSC questions (2013 for example) there was a generic question like that.
Current Subjects (2017):
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 91
Modern History: 95
Advanced English: 90
Extension English: 46
Extension History: 47
Studies of Religion I: 48
2016: Mathematics: 84

ATAR: 97.8