Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:11:55 pm

Author Topic: didnt do well on my first sac  (Read 593 times)  Share 

ellipticalcircle

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
didnt do well on my first sac
« on: June 27, 2019, 06:16:17 pm »
hey there guys!
so i got my first methods sac result back and i got a C. the highest in our cohort was a 87 (this places me about rank 10). At the start of the year I wanted a 45+ but now I am really questioning if i can get this. also feeling quite guilty and hopeless for not getting a good score on the sac. I go to a school which averages study scores around 27, i just really wanted to know that if i put in the hard work for my next two sacs and exams can i still get a 40+ or even 45+ at that?
thanks guys. 

calliope

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
Re: didnt do well on my first sac
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 10:07:50 pm »
The VCAA study design for Methods 3/4 at url https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/vce/mathematics/MathematicsSD-2016.pdf says
*School-assessed Coursework for Unit 3 contributes 17 per cent (with an asterisk because it's moderated)
*School-assessed coursework for Unit 4 contributes 17 per cent.
Exam 1: The examination will contribute 22 per cent
Exam 2: The examination will contribute 44 per cent.

Moderation of unit 3 SAC scores will depend on what a C is at your school and how hard your SACs are relative to the rest of the state. So a high end of year score is still possible at this stage.

My advice is to go over the SAC you just did with your teacher, friends and or tutor and identify your weaknesses and do more practice there. And try and do the same before the next SAC with any practice SACs you can find.
Good luck!