Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:19:36 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378342 times)  Share 

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1455 on: August 13, 2019, 08:19:07 pm »
Mine was in the spam, I don't think he's lying.

I know who he is mate, at school he showed me and he even said he got it today to me.

iconicx

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1456 on: August 13, 2019, 09:17:59 pm »
Aha, i'm 99% sure i failed the interview. I had a student from monash uni interviewing me and she did not even jot down any notes.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(She allowed me to run through the portfolio but I  didn't even get to show my extra curricular activities. Completely failed at answering the questions, my mind went full blank and I was crying when I walked out the room. If i said  'idk' to some of those questions asked instead of the bullshit i said, i probably would have had  a better result.  I just feel like such a loser cuz I honestly practiced a lot for hours and hours infront of my mirror and this is what I get. I completely ruined an opportunity that i will never ever get back. I could see the immediate disinterest in her eyes as soon as I spoke. I fidgeted soo much and even dropped my file. I was shaking sooo much. For real, I hate myself so so so much, frrr :-\ :'(  There's too much competition at my school too :'( :'( :'(
I'm sure you did better, you are probably just exaggerating your self deprication. If its okay with me asking, what school do you go to?

Umar but with O

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1457 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:31 pm »
I just need an overview for the interview.
What happens first-last.

Requirements and the sort.
PM me.

Help plz. Running out of time.

Rohan1176

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1458 on: August 14, 2019, 12:54:02 am »
I just need an overview for the interview.
What happens first-last.

Requirements and the sort.
PM me.

Help plz. Running out of time.

So how did it go?

Umar but with O

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1459 on: August 14, 2019, 07:04:50 am »
ITS HAPPENING TODAY IN LIKE 4 HOURS FROM NOW.

please help me with what is going to happen in the interview.

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1460 on: August 14, 2019, 04:29:24 pm »
You are too pessimistic and too nervous! Just have a friendly and respectful chat with the interview officials!
Previously, you mentioned you can’t even do simple math in the test and you expect to get “below averages” I can’t find that post because probably you deleted it. However, you still nailed it and passed the test! The interview won’t be too bad, how do you know others did better?The first step will be group interview, where you and some guys in the same time got in a room, first discuss a solution to a problem, what I deal with is about climate change. Then, you will see an object with your teammates, and discuss what it is (what I deal with is a skull-drill which used for decreasing pressure)
Then, you will separate from other people and do a quick test for math individually. All you need to know is +-*/ and factors.
Last, you will be involved in a QA conversation, for example what do you like about your current school, why do you apply for JMSS, how do you deal with problems in the world (for example climate change again) , what do you do for extra-curriculum, and what you want to do in the future.
I second this post by SynX. Don't worry too much, they can understand the fact that you will be nervous and that this is a big deal for you. Remember, their humans too and they can understand your feelings. I too feel like they didn't jot much down but we can't do anything worrying about it now, can we?

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1461 on: August 14, 2019, 05:41:22 pm »
I second this post by SynX. Don't worry too much, they can understand the fact that you will be nervous and that this is a big deal for you. Remember, their humans too and they can understand your feelings. I too feel like they didn't jot much down but we can't do anything worrying about it now, can we?
I third this post by Synx ;)  ;)  ;) DW "i don\'t know, who ever you are, trust me, I am in the same boat as you. I did exactly the same as you and look at me! I forgot everything about it like 2 days later. Try to forget everything, we will suceed in VCE if we fail this, I am atleast sure of that!

Btw breathe123 how did you go? You seem so chill!

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1462 on: August 14, 2019, 07:13:15 pm »
+1
what? you FORGOT it already? I was literally counting days! I'm not really nervous, but rather excited.

hehe that's probably cos I have a low self-esteem, just trying to manipulate it for my own wishes so that I don't feel too sad when I see my results :)

I apply JMSS because one of the reason is at my current school, they don't have science electives. especially when considering that it WILL effect your grades in VCE, that's not great. And being a selective entrance school, JMSS is superior than my current school in academics. I heard that these people are awesome and VCE is a piece of cake for them! they also have university extension subjects, which can be helpful for year 12s for their future. As a normal government school, I'm sure most people will go tafe instead of university. that is awful.
besides these, people at my current school have no passion in science, let go for cooperating to do science. I don't have a lot to talk about with other classmates besides academia. which makes me feeling boring!
Don't forget JMSS, if we get in, our future will be glowing bright!
Yes......

And no. Simply bcos you get into the exam, pls don't think that VCE will be a piece of cake, just bcos you have gotten into a selective school. I know plenty of people who have low ATARs in VCE and they went to selective school bcos they thought they can just slack off( not saying u will , but just trying to give u a general outline here).  Ask anyone in this forum, VCE does not define the potential and background (i.e. school) of an individual,conversely the willpower and hardwork of that individual. I can even show you, while most people who had a perfect VCE last year were from Selective schools, there were still many that came from other schools as well. While it is widely known that the selective schools offer great resources and enriched learning, that is only a foundation for ATAR. Think of it like an equation :
ATAR = 10% of (Schooling) + 90% of (Individual)
[where atar is equal to 100%]

Dphammy:P

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1463 on: August 14, 2019, 11:01:00 pm »
I third this post by Synx ;)  ;)  ;) DW "i don\'t know, who ever you are, trust me, I am in the same boat as you. I did exactly the same as you and look at me! I forgot everything about it like 2 days later. Try to forget everything, we will suceed in VCE if we fail this, I am atleast sure of that!

Btw breathe123 how did you go? You seem so chill!

I too am in that sinking boat. But tbh I’ve already mentally prepared for both making it in and not making it in. To me, not making it in has it’s own benefits: e.g staying with friends, sticking with the usual environment and the best benefit of all, resilience. What only kills you, makes you stronger.

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1464 on: August 14, 2019, 11:03:22 pm »
It would be sick if everybody here did make it in and then we all become friends next year.

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1465 on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:03 pm »
I heard a lot of you saying "I can't get in" making my doubt that I underestimated the difficulty... even I experience it.
Are there anyone more optimistic that says "I'm confident that I can get in" ?

That is basically everybody from my school in a nutshell. They either say they did “alright” or “good”l

reems73

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1466 on: August 15, 2019, 12:02:58 am »
It would be sick if everybody here did make it in and then we all become friends next year.

YES. This has to happen  ;D

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1467 on: August 15, 2019, 08:12:39 am »
YES. This has to happen  ;D
It will be very hard, as some of you are from a competitive school, where the 3% rule will surely block some unlucky guys out... and for the interview, only half people can get in.
Hey guys, do u wanna like send some of our u know, social media?? This way we will always KIT, regardless of barriers like school and so on.

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1468 on: August 15, 2019, 04:56:05 pm »

That is basically everybody from my school in a nutshell. They either say they did “alright” or “good”l

do you go to mcrob or something?

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1469 on: August 15, 2019, 09:02:05 pm »
do you go to mcrob or something?
No haha I’m a boy and I go to Mount Waverley  :)