Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:39:32 pm

Author Topic: RMIT Or Swinburne  (Read 5943 times)  Share 

AlannahBottino

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
RMIT Or Swinburne
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:07:51 am »

Hi guys, I'm a Year 10 student and I want to become a primary school teacher. I'm currently looking at Bachelor of Education courses at RMIT (Bundoora) and Swinburne. Which is the better uni for this course?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: RMIT Or Swinburne
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 12:06:45 pm »
+3
RMIT.

I say this because I am a schoolteacher and know many friends that have gone through the BEd at RMIT. No complaints. I can't really comment about Swinburne but I haven't heard anything nor know anyone that goes there.

Important thing to note is that a BEd is nearly the same anywhere you go - the main focus for you is placements and how they operate them. Some require you to go and get your own placement (which can be really daunting especially if you've never had to do something like that before) and some that do it all for you.

Will you use the content in your BEd? Eh, probably parts. I know from my perspective I haven't used anything from my MTeach. It's such a dynamic discipline.

The goal for you throughout any degree whereever you go, is to build networks, perform well during placements and actually finish the degree. You'll know within days of your first placement whether you are meant to be there or not.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:08:43 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 07:33:04 pm »
Why are you looking at those unis specifically? :)

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

AlannahBottino

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:31:12 am »
+2
After attending open days, I've fallen in love with ACU so I've got my heart set there. Thanks for your help though.