Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:38:00 pm

Author Topic: EdUnlimited launch issues.  (Read 2507 times)  Share 

thenuttyprofessor

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
EdUnlimited launch issues.
« on: September 26, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »
+1
I've gotta admit, I was super excited when I saw the email for Edunlimited; excellent idea and its from ATARNotes! Sadly, in practical use, it has been nothing short of terrible. The website is extremely slow and buggy (I even used hotspot to see if it was just my internet; Nope!), and it asked me login after I had logged in 5 times in a row. It took ages for the pages to load, and when trying to get my free trial, it asked me to enter the credit card info 5 times, where it proceeded to reject my information and timeout another 2-3 times. Then, once I had finally completed registration, I tried accessing the titles, but sadly, those didnt load too, and I cannot access anything at all. Great idea, just a shame its so terribly executed. I was going to subscribe once I saw all the titles, but  I think this free trial and terrible experience has put me off this completely.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:13:28 am by ATAR Notes Official »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Edunlimited is terrible.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »
+5
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Looks like the site is struggling a bit under the pressure of more traffic than expected, which is causing the lag and delay. I'd suggest leaving it for a bit and trying again in a little while.

Really sorry about the frustration! It'll hopefully be up and running smoothly again shortly. :)

UPDATE: It looks like the response to EdUnlimited has been so strong that the website is under a heap of strain! We're doing everything we can to fix the issue ASAP. thenuttyprofessor - really appreciate the feedback, and I'm sorry the launch didn't go as smoothly as we might have hoped!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:15:10 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

lst1103

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 07:06:03 pm »
+4
I would have to disagree with everything that you've said! Obviously it happened to you, but I didn't have any similar issues.

Thank you so much, ATARNotes team, for coordinating this - I'm thrilled!!! I'd been affected by the procrastination bug, but this new site has gotten me VERY excited, and I feel very supported with the imminence of our exams. Particularly great when you're from a small, under-represented and -resourced school - I'd barely gotten any practice exams for some subjects, but I don't need to worry anymore!!!!

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 06:58:49 am »
+1
i cant view any of the study guides but i love love love this idea ATARNotes! 100% gonna be usefullllllllll!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:01:08 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

thenuttyprofessor

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 09:55:31 am »
Still cant see anything, cant input my details, terrible implementation

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:48:09 pm »
it asked me to enter the credit card info 5 times, where it proceeded to reject my information and timeout another 2-3 times.
Just wondering, if it's for a trial, why would you have to put your credit card details in?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 04:10:20 pm »
+1
Just wondering, if it's for a trial, why would you have to put your credit card details in?

Quite a number of online services that offer trials require this - so it's not odd that this happens.

usually there are two main reasons why a trial requires a card upon signup (for any online service, not just this):
- card on file so that when the trial period is over, the card can be charged automatically without having to do the signup process again. Unfortunately with this reason, the customer has to request cancellation themselves before the trial is over (if they don't want to be charged past the trial date).
- verification to ensure a) the trial is only given to that person once and b) that the person is legit and not a bot/spammer etc.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 04:22:13 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 04:38:37 pm »
Quite a number of online services that offer trials require this - so it's not odd that this happens.

usually there are two main reasons why a trial requires a card upon signup (for any online service, not just this):
- card on file so that when the trial period is over, the card can be charged automatically without having to do the signup process again. Unfortunately with this reason, the customer has to request cancellation themselves before the trial is over (if they don't want to be charged past the trial date).
- verification to ensure a) the trial is only given to that person once and b) that the person is legit and not a bot/spammer etc.
My bad, it must just be my inexperience in these sorts of things  :D