Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:33:51 am

Author Topic: 75% weighted average in Melbourne Biomedicine or Science achievable?  (Read 9358 times)  Share 

cookiepapa

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
As someone who has never attended university, I was wondering how hard it was to get a 75% weighted average (I think it's about GPA of 6.0) for Science and Biomed over the three years. How many people actually achieve this level?

Cause I was thinking, even if you work your but off and consistently get distinctions, but suddenly muck up one exam and get a pass (GPA 4.0), won't your GPA fall way below 6.0?

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
Re: 75% weighted average in Melbourne Biomedicine or Science achievable?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 12:54:52 am »
yes its definitely achievable

make sure u do all assessments
study for exams
try not to hand things in late
and it should be ok just work consistently and try your best

the exams arent worth 100% so u have some leeway but ur third year marks are weighted more heavily when calculating gpa but yeah thats why its good to have some high marks for ur other subjects especially 1st and 2nd year (just cause they r easier than 3rd yr units) in case u stuff up a bit cause lets say those marks r like 85 u can afford somewhat to drop a few marks

dope i didnt read it was melbourne science....but anyway it should b similar
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 04:12:56 am by TrueLight »
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 12:39:50 pm »
75% is a 6.5 GPA.

That said, you can get a 6.5 GPA and have a WAM of 70%.

With respect to how achievable it is, it is hard. To maintain a 75% average over 3 years means that you won't have the lazy lifestyle that uni students usually get tagged with. You need to be doing your best right from the 1st week and getting as many of the easy marks (lab reports, MSTs etc.) that you can before the exam.

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 03:57:37 pm »
yep lazy lifestyle sigh......
i think i went lazy in third year which brought my wam down to 73% over 3 years.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

cookiepapa

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 04:11:05 pm »
thanks for the insight guys, looks like i'll be working my but off for the next 3 years

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »
well yeah try ur best dont stress out though its not as dire as u think it is

maybe if you wanted a 90+ it would b lol
but if ur like the average person on vn who gets 95+ atars u will see alot of them got in the 80+ range even 90+ during uni lol

George Orwell, 1984.

Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler