Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:49:40 am

Author Topic: technodisney's VCE Journal  (Read 9871 times)

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
technodisney's VCE Journal
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:54:37 am »
+14
ummm hi.

I'm technodisney,

This is probably a little too late to start since year 12 is approaching the end, but YOLO.

I have decided to start this so that I have an excuse to actually write down what work has to be done and it will hopefully motivate me and also give me something to look back on in a few years.

I am in year 12 studying English Language, Informatics, Business Management, Methods and VET IT.
I didn't take any 3/4 subjects early so I am only doing 5 subjects total.

I am a master at procrastination (hence my title) and I can always find a way to distract myself no matter how urgent work is. And I am lacking motivation for any school work, but I have been like that for as long as I can remember. I can just always seem to convince myself doing other stuff is much more important than my school work, (it probably doesn't help I got 2 huge lego sets and a big jigsaw puzzle for my bday..... I need to have some amazing self control over the next few months. I also have 5 siblings, so it is always easy to find someone to distract me...).

How am I currently going in my subjects you may ask.
welll.

English Language
I am yet to complete the holiday homework and we have a SAC next week and I haven't written an analytical commentary since term 1. And even then what I did write then was crap. And my teacher is expecting that we will do so much better on this one. I probably should be writing a practice Analytical Commentary instead of writing this journal. I also know very little of the required metalanguage, but the AN notes I bought at the lectures seem to be helping me with that a bit.
Also, I am convinced that my English teacher has something against me, so class isn't that enjoyable to begin with so I am unmotivated to learn the content.

Business Management
Well... I have done very little homework for this all year. I have been getting around 60% on the SACs (well below average). Currently I have some homework due next period that I have barely started. I am expecting a detention. I simply just can't be bothered properly learning everything as when it is explained I understand it all perfectly but when it comes to answering questions I can never seem to use the right terms and language and explain the concepts in a way too simple way.

Informatics
I am an IT genius. I am "that guy" that everyone always comes to when they need IT help. I enjoy working with computers as well. IT was meant to be the subject that I really enjoy. I am actually hating it, because we are working on strict guidelines and I just keep feeling like I won't be able to finish it all in time so I am just stressing myself trying to get it done which in turn is making me get all of the work down slower which is making me stress even more.
My website is due in next week, I still have sooooo much to do to finish it off and I am stressing so much about needing to get it done without actually working on it.
It also doesn't help that my school account (with all my website files) has been blocked a few days (going to be unblocked today). So I wasn't actually able to work on it over the weekend, all I could do was just stress about it all instead of actually getting it done.
We also have just started exam prep for Informatics, and that is freaking me out so much, I'm not ready to start getting ready for exams.

Methods
Methods I seem to be doing ok... I don't do any of the textbook homework all year but I have done the practice SACs in the lead up to the SACs and have been scoring quite high in the SACs. We have just started probability and it isn't as hard and tricky as I have been expecting it to be. I guess I am doing ok, my teacher pays me alot of attention and helps me out whenever I'm stuck. This is the only subject I'm not really worrying about, as I am getting good marks with very minimal effort (thank you very logically minded brain).

VET IT
This subject I do four hours a week all in one big chunk. And I do it at another school as part of a VET cluster.
The problem is it is very easy to get distracted in this class and the teacher doesn't actually care if we just sit there watching youtube or whatever and because we are required to do our work on laptops it is very easy to get distracted without immense self control (which I do not posses). I also sit next to a couple of guys who are great at distracting me, we even played Exploding Kittens for and hour last week. Because of those factors I am way behind on all the work and probably can't get it all done by the end of the term. I am planning to actually get some work done this Wednesday, but we will have to see how that goes.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: technodisney's VCE Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:07:46 am »
+1
Damn! I was just reading through this and I thought that it was someone describing me! :D ;D
If my school was more chill I would have done those exact subjects (except I woulda kept my own VET and traded Bus Man, but still...)!
Although I am not actually that much of a "genius" in IT, everyone still prefers to load me up with their issues...

And, naturally, I'm a pretty decent procras myself, so I really can't wait to see your daily updates here when you should be doing other work! :D
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 10:53:43 am »
+5
It's definitely never too late to start a journal! ;D

I also understand the distracting siblings thing- I myself having 3 siblings (two who are too little to understand that I need to study...). Have you tried sitting in a quiet study area in a library? I find that sorta helps me not be distracted ;D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 04:55:35 pm »
+5
Had a nice and productive week of almost purely procrastination. Yay me. I really need to kick myself into gear. Only a few months until exams.

I also understand the distracting siblings thing- I myself having 3 siblings (two who are too little to understand that I need to study...). Have you tried sitting in a quiet study area in a library? I find that sorta helps me not be distracted ;D
Well the thing with me is I deliberately use them to distract me even though I know my time could be spent better actually doing my work. My room I can go to when I need quiet, but the problem is I am currently working on a jigsaw puzzle on the desk.

I am currently sick and yesterday I was running around in a giant bear mascot costume all day. YAY!!!! :(
I only came to school today because I had an EngLang SAC and my dad couldn't take me to get a doctors note.

So how I am going in my subjects... worse than last week. Yay!

English Language
We just had our SAC today. An analytical commentary and some short answer questions on Australian English. How much did I study for it, well. I did one paragraph of a practice analytical commentary and the short answer questions we did in class time thats about all the study I put into it. I know I probably should have done more, but meh... I am kind of happy with how it ended up turning out but I felt like I just kept on blabbing on about everything and going over everything again and again.
I have no idea when the next SAC is but we have at least one left. :(

Business Management
I have as per usual been paying zero attention in class. I can't even tell you what topic we are doing right now. yay me. I think we have a SAC this Friday. So I should probably work on learning whatever I need to learn.... Edrolo here I come!

Informatics
SAT was due in last week. I still have at least 10 hours of work to do on it. Enough said...

Methods
We are just going through probabilty still. I feel like I am understanding it quite well. But then our teacher gave me some practice exam questions on probabilty, I then lost all hope in my math skills. But in saying that I haven't touched ANY of the probability textbook questions or EdRolo.

VET IT
I yet again did absolutely nothing while at VET.
However a kid managed to get hold of the marking guide for an assesment and was copying off that. The teacher found out and couldn't care less. That makes it so unfair. Is there anything I can do about it?

I feel like I could write more. But I am sick and exhausted and tired and a mess.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 05:04:34 pm »
I am kind of happy with how it ended up turning out but I felt like I just kept on blabbing on about everything and going over everything again and again.

This was basically me for the entirety of EngLang lol.

Sounds like you need a bit of a rest. Make sure you take care of yourself. 👊

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 05:30:47 pm »
+4
-snip-
I love that bear costume so much; you doing the macarena dressed as a giant bear made my day, you know that, right? And I'm sure it made many other people's days, too. :)

Sounds like you need a bit of a rest. Make sure you take care of yourself. 👊
The problem with our man here is too much rest - he procrastinates waaay too much. :P
The thing is, Techno, I think your stress about procrastinating is weighing you down. You know you're not doing your best, and you feel a bit guilty about it. Probably best if you constantly have someone to keep you accountable. Maybe you should make a motivation thread, about getting into the habit of studying well...? *hint hint*

Also, sucks about the kid in VET IT - if he's one of the ones I know, Imma whoop his(?) ass. But besides that, if he's copying from the guide, you should report it or directly confront the teacher about it. See why he's getting away with it. And then work as the honest person you are. It shows integrity that you're not willing to do the same as he is. So keep going! :)
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

hiyo

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 10:06:04 pm »
+1
Informatics
SAT was due in last week. I still have at least 10 hours of work to do on it. Enough said...

Finally, something that I can strongly relate to..except parts of our SAT was delayed because our teacher came down with a flu. Good luck in Informatics for both of us  ;D.

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:41 am »
+4
The problem with our man here is too much rest - he procrastinates waaay too much. :P
The thing is, Techno, I think your stress about procrastinating is weighing you down. You know you're not doing your best, and you feel a bit guilty about it. Probably best if you constantly have someone to keep you accountable. Maybe you should make a motivation thread, about getting into the habit of studying well...? *hint hint*

Poet just about sums it up. I put in very little effort and then complain about the workload. I know I could do amazing at school IF I tried but I simply don't have the motivation, I have no clear goal that I am aiming for.

Maybe I should make a motivation thread, gives me another way to procrastinate  ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still quite sick yet I am still coming to school everyday. Just when I thought it was getting better my school had it's own relay for life on Friday Night and since I am a part of the student council I had a big part in organising and running the night so I had to be there. That just reinvigorated my cold staying up till midnight in the freezing cold so I am just back to square one now.

EngLang
This was basically me for the entirety of EngLang lol.
Except you probably put in a lot of effort and you have a big interest in linguistics. I am not really putting in any effort to learn the content so I was just blabbing on about stuff I don't really understand.
We are now starting to prepare for our next SAC which is an Essay and short answer questions. I don't understand how we are meant to write an EngLang essay still so I am so lost. I should probably see my teacher for help. He is good at teaching the content as a lot of the class is doing well the problem is I am putting in very little minimal effort.

BusMan
Final SAC is now complete.  ;D
That makes me so happy but now it has dawned on me that just means that we are getting close to the final exams. Which is starting to worry me. Once again I have this stress but I am not acting on it in anyway at all.
We are starting exam prep today.

Informatics
Finally, something that I can strongly relate to..except parts of our SAT was delayed because our teacher came down with a flu. Good luck in Informatics for both of us  ;D.
I legit just looked through your post history to see if your subjects match up with anyone in my class. Our teacher had the flu and our SAT was delayed. The delayed due date was last week. That is weird...

But we have handed in the website portion of the SAC and we have two weeks to do the final analysis and then the whole thing is done.
Since we are behind so much we don't have any class time to finish the SAC as we need to work on the content on security preparing for that SAC. I amfeeling relieved that the hardest part of informatics is just about over though.

Methods
Nothing interesting has happened in methods. We are just very slowly making our way through the probability content. We are a bit behind and the teacher has said we may have to do the probability SAC in a holiday class.

VET IT
I did get some work done at VET last week.
Me and three other guys cooked bacon and eggs on a toasted sandwich machine during the break. That was fun.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:03:25 pm by technodisney »

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 11:26:14 am »
+8
Another week of not much stuff done.

I really need to get myself kicked into gear, there is 56 days until my first exam and I am still procrastinating way to much and not really getting anything done. I feel I am doing more work than I have been for the rest of the year though, so I guess that is a positive but I am still doing no where near as much work as I should be doing.

I did absolutely no work over the weekend, on Friday I was playing tennis then watched a movie with my family, then on Saturday I went to a community fair and was out all day their with a friend and then Sunday I was helping my mum organise some documentation for her travel agency, and that took all day and I still didn't get it all done. To top it off it must all be finished tonight and I am not getting home until 7pm due to a Senate meeting and my bible study group. So I am probably going to be up until like 2am tonight, which isn't good considering I was up at 5:45am this morning for the gym. I am so tired and exhausted and I have all this work piled on top of me which isn't even school related.
I still have 4 SACs left (2 EngLang, 1 Methods, 1 Informatics) and I don't know how I can even do at least kind of well on them, I am so worried.

EngLang
Because I think my teacher hates me I am too scared to approach him for help and I'm not going to be able to get a 25 in English and therefore not be able to get into any university without doing an extra year.

BusMan
I am actually going well in this, because all of the SACs are done now I'm not actually worrying about this one at all which is actually helping me plod through the revision. I have been using a technique my IT teacher taught me on highlighting questions on SACs on the practice exams for Business and it is so helpful, basically what you do is you have 6-8 different coloured highlighters and each keyword or important part of the question you highlight a different colour, you can then very easily make sure that you have answered the questions and it is much easier to read when the different pieces of info are in different colours.

Informatics
We are just about done with the SAT completely. It is such a relief to know that it is all pretty much done, the final part is due Friday but that is no stress as I have been getting a bunch of extra help from my teacher.
We also have a security SAC on the final period of the final day of the term, that's not a good way to end of the term I feel.

Methods
We are way behind on the content, I think we are doing the SAC next week but I am not 100% sure. We are still finishing of probability and are onto populations and samples (the final part apparently).

VET IT
fml
enough said lol

I have noticed that the stress has slowly been getting to me over the year and I am becoming more and more negative, which I don't like as I like to think of myself as a positive supportive friend which I feel like I am not anymore.
Sorry @Poet, @Alaska_Young14 and @Zeths, I should be a better friend after exams are over

I just don't know how well I am going to cope and whether I am actually going to knuckle down and put a lot of effort into this final stretch, I just don't know.
It probably also doesn't help that my mum is convinced I am hiding something (which I am not) and is therefore getting super annoyed at me.

Wish me luck 🤞

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 11:45:48 am »
+4

EngLang
Because I think my teacher hates me I am too scared to approach him for help and I'm not going to be able to get a 25 in English and therefore not be able to get into any university without doing an extra year.

Not approaching your teacher doesn't help but it doesn't guarantee failure either.   I was soooo stressed about not getting 30 in eng lang ( which I needed for GC) or not getting 25 and not being able to get into anything but in the end I got what I needed. I can't guarantee you that you'll get over 30 too, but you can't guarantee me that you'll get less than 25.

In all honesty I don't feel like I've been a good friend to my friends recently either, but you've got to keep trying to try - I've learnt that in the end the trying becomes action and the actions create successes.

As poet and you have both alluded to, your stress about procrastination (and other stuff) is hurting you. The good news is that there are things you can try to do to pick yourself back up. Things like keeping on talking to your friends even when you feel that you're a burden, like eating healthier, exercising, getting some sleep, setting small goals (doing a whole eng lang exam would be tough, but maybe you can answer a couple of short answer questions?), practicing responding healthily to your thoughts (especially if you have intrusive thoughts or patterns of rumination), getting outside, meditation (try 5-10 minutes at a time to start off), journalling....

The irony of improving when you're in a negative space is that being in that place makes it harder to do these things, but the flipside is that improvement gives you momentum, and that you learn how to recover faster after each crash.

Thank you for your openness with us, and I wish you luck :)

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 10:24:19 am »
+6
One more week done. Only 14 more days of classes left, minus the holiday classes.
I still have very limited motivation and spent the whole weekend procrastinating and hanging out with a friend sooooooo..... I'm not doing good at all and honestly haven't really tried to change due to lack of motivation.

Thanks for all your input @miniturtle I really appreciate it. :)

Not approaching your teacher doesn't help but it doesn't guarantee failure either.   I was soooo stressed about not getting 30 in eng lang ( which I needed for GC) or not getting 25 and not being able to get into anything but in the end I got what I needed. I can't guarantee you that you'll get over 30 too, but you can't guarantee me that you'll get less than 25.
Well I have an update with this. At the valedictory dinner @Poet dragged me (!!!!) over to my EngLang teacher and told him I'm scared of approaching him. I then had a bit of a chat to him and he's not tooo scary. I have an EngLang SAC p 5+6 today and I am going to try and see him p4 or Lunch if he doesn't have a class

In all honesty I don't feel like I've been a good friend to my friends recently either, but you've got to keep trying to try - I've learnt that in the end the trying becomes action and the actions create successes.
I guess I am gonna keep just plodding along and trying as hard as I can ten :)

As poet and you have both alluded to, your stress about procrastination (and other stuff) is hurting you. The good news is that there are things you can try to do to pick yourself back up. Things like keeping on talking to your friends even when you feel that you're a burden, like eating healthier, exercising, getting some sleep, setting small goals (doing a whole eng lang exam would be tough, but maybe you can answer a couple of short answer questions?), practicing responding healthily to your thoughts (especially if you have intrusive thoughts or patterns of rumination), getting outside, meditation (try 5-10 minutes at a time to start off), journalling....

The irony of improving when you're in a negative space is that being in that place makes it harder to do these things, but the flipside is that improvement gives you momentum, and that you learn how to recover faster after each crash.
I am already kind of exercising, I play Tennis two days a week and go to the gym one day a week. What I feel like I could improve on though is getting more sleep and eating healthier. I am getting around 7 hours of sleep a night on average night and I feel like I could get more, as I am spending at least an hour eac and every night lying in bed browsing, Reddit, Facebook, Quora or Youtube, and I feel like I can cut down on that. I ave the ios 12 beta on my phone and have set up the new restrictions where you can limit the amount of time on each app, but it is too easy to ignore the warnings that come up and just click the button to extend my time. I also got Rocket League over the weekend, bad idea to get a fun addictive game when I should be preparing for exams.

Does anyone have any tips on restricting screentime?
To be honest I haven't really put much effort into it but I have been trying to restrict myself and it hasn't really been working. I feel like if I ask my parents to make sure they restrict it I will just get soooo pissed at them which would cause more stress and tension around my house than it already is (it gets hectic with 5 siblings).

EngLang
As mentioned above I have a SAC this afternoon that I haven't really prepared for. I am hoping to see my teacher just before for last minute tips though, hopefuly I don't keep procrastinating it, I don't want a great study score in EngLang all I want is a 25.

BusMan
I am yet to actually start the revision, I have so far done the equivalent of half a practice exam worth of questions and I am remembering more than I thought I would remember, so I guess that is a plus, I don't want to start properly revising for this until all my SACs are done which should be this friday (except for Methods during the holidays). I'm going to the BusMan lecture this Sunday and I am hoping that will help me out a bit and I plan to properly study for the exam after that.
It is scary that there are only 49 days until this exam (which is my first exam)

Informatics
All we have is the security SAC on Friday and then I am done with all the informatics content. I am looking forward to preparing for this exam because I actually enjoy learning about most of the stuff found in the informatics textbook. In saying that it is probably go to the bottom of the priority pile for now since it is my last exam. I am worried about having both my EngLang and Informatics exam on the same day, I will probably put all my effort into EngLang because I struggle in it a lot and not be able to do as well as I am capable of in Informatics.
How have other people dealt with having two exams on the same day?

Methods
WE ARE DONE WITH THE CONTENT!!!!
I am now actually scared though, I am not prepared for the probability SAC which I am doing in the holidays.
And looking at the practice exams we have been given it is soooo scary looking at them, I actually feel like I have not learnt a thing this year as I can't answer most of the practice exam questions.

VET IT
I am behind on the online assessment things and the last class is this Wednesday. Anything I don't complete I must finish over the holidays or I do not receive my certificate or get an S. So I am kinda worried but I am sure I will get it all done, I didn't realise how long some of them were until this weekend.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 10:40:15 am »
+5
I am already kind of exercising, I play Tennis two days a week and go to the gym one day a week. What I feel like I could improve on though is getting more sleep and eating healthier. I am getting around 7 hours of sleep a night on average night and I feel like I could get more, as I am spending at least an hour eac and every night lying in bed browsing, Reddit, Facebook, Quora or Youtube, and I feel like I can cut down on that. I ave the ios 12 beta on my phone and have set up the new restrictions where you can limit the amount of time on each app, but it is too easy to ignore the warnings that come up and just click the button to extend my time. I also got Rocket League over the weekend, bad idea to get a fun addictive game when I should be preparing for exams.

Does anyone have any tips on restricting screentime?
To be honest I haven't really put much effort into it but I have been trying to restrict myself and it hasn't really been working. I feel like if I ask my parents to make sure they restrict it I will just get soooo pissed at them which would cause more stress and tension around my house than it already is (it gets hectic with 5 siblings).

No problem at all! :)

Alright, so you've already got a healthy habit and now there are also goals for which ones to expand onto next. So the targets are:
- sleep
- eating healthily
- reducing screentime
(all pretty linked so helping one should help the others too)

"I am spending at least an hour eac and every night lying in bed browsing, Reddit, Facebook, Quora or Youtube, and I feel like I can cut down on that"
 - if you don't already, see if you can get a red light filter on your phone
 - maybe try: each time you ignore the warning, before you press ignore have a drink of water. This forces you to have a small pause, which might be helpful (and if not, at least you'll get more hydrated?)
 - if you like gamification, you could use the website Habitica and set up pressing ignore as a negative habit.
 - maybe try: ban yourself from using your phone in bed. If you're going to stay up scrolling, do it sitting somewhere else - that way the subconcious association between "bed" and "browsing" will decrease overtime and be replaced with "sleeping"
- Potentially also delete the fb (and other) app(s) from your phone. You'll still be able to access it via browser, but you won't be going on the same automatic pathway, which might help disrupt the habit.

Hope this helps :)

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 10:46:35 am »
+5
See? He’s a nice man! There’s a reason he’s my favourite teacher and it’s not just because he has a nice butt

With the whole procrastination prevention thing, try an extension called ‘Cold Turkey’. It helps you set times and specific sites you can ban.
Do recommend.

Keep working, techno! We believe in you. :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:51:27 am by secretly_a_poet »
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 10:25:02 am »
+10
With the whole procrastination prevention thing, try an extension called ‘Cold Turkey’. It helps you set times and specific sites you can ban.
Do recommend.

quick update:
I am so excited as I am actually getting work done purely because I installed that Cold Turkey extension. It actually works and it feels so good to actually finish some work and get it done which is making me motivated to do more work. I have never felt like this, it's weird.

And since AN is a bit of as distraction for me (as much as it is useful) I even set up a custom block for the forums so I can stop myself from being distracted on AN.

miniturtle I will reply to your message Monday, I'm not ignoring you

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 11:41:29 pm »
+7
No problem at all! :)

Alright, so you've already got a healthy habit and now there are also goals for which ones to expand onto next. So the targets are:
- sleep
- eating healthily
- reducing screentime
(all pretty linked so helping one should help the others too)

"I am spending at least an hour eac and every night lying in bed browsing, Reddit, Facebook, Quora or Youtube, and I feel like I can cut down on that"
 - if you don't already, see if you can get a red light filter on your phone
 - maybe try: each time you ignore the warning, before you press ignore have a drink of water. This forces you to have a small pause, which might be helpful (and if not, at least you'll get more hydrated?)
 - if you like gamification, you could use the website Habitica and set up pressing ignore as a negative habit.
 - maybe try: ban yourself from using your phone in bed. If you're going to stay up scrolling, do it sitting somewhere else - that way the subconcious association between "bed" and "browsing" will decrease overtime and be replaced with "sleeping"
- Potentially also delete the fb (and other) app(s) from your phone. You'll still be able to access it via browser, but you won't be going on the same automatic pathway, which might help disrupt the habit.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that advice.

I am already using a blue light filter (red light filters don’t exist but if they did it will make it harder on the eyes)
I haven’t had a chance to try out that have a break trick yet because I keep forgetting. I’m gonna keep trying though.
I have tried that website in the past but I ended up lying to it which did not help me with my habits.
I require The Facebook app because I help my mum manage her business FB page so I can’t delete that. I will however delete Quora, twitter and reddit. I am also thinking about deleting YouTube and maybe Netflix.

So far in the holidays I am yet to do any work, unless you count the AN business lecture or the practice English exam we had to do today. Tomorrow however I am planning to make sure I get stuck into my work and I am thinking of staying at school longer than I need to for my Informatics class so that I can quietly study tomorrow away from the distractions of home.

Mentally I am coping ok, one friend who lost a loved one came back from a 10 day school trip today and she seems to be coping sooo well with it all which then makes me super duper happy for her and boosts my mood.
I have been instead of messaging friends when I’m feeling crap been making an effort to actually go and hang out with them for a few hours which seems to be helping me quite a bit. I just need to take it all one step at a time at at 5:15pm on the 16th November I am hoping that I will feel a massive burden lifted off of my shoulders. I need to keep telling myself that I only have a few weeks of VCE left and I have made it this far, I am now in the final sprint, the part of the race that counts. This is where I should try harder than I have for the whole rest of VCE.

EngLang
My tutor is back from her two month trip. That is soo good for me. The past week she has been helping me to just get all my crap together literally and is setting strict deadlines for practice essays which is helping me a lot and encouraging me to get them done. I am most worried about doing well in this as I have mentioned in the past. I just hope that my tutor will be enough to scrape me over a 25, I know I have a crap tonne of work ahead of m though, but it is possible.

BusMan
Haven’t really started any of this exam revision yet, besides the AN lecture yesterday for it, it was actually really helpful and I got a lot out of it, my parents are convinced I took some girl out to the movies or joined a cult or something like that, they don’t believe the lectures are actually FREE. I am planning to set aside 30 minutes aside every single day for BusMan from now until the exam, starting tomorrow. Is that a good strategy? To have 30 minutes set aside every day for a subject?

VET IT
I am planning to go to VET the first wednesday of next term purely to say goodbye to my classmates and have a bit of a party for getting through all the coursework. I am most likely never gonna see most of them ever again.

informatics
I’m don’t have anything interesting to mention abOut this. Besides that my teacher gave us all a set of 5 highlighters so that we follow his trick that he gave us for exams.

Methods
I have the final SAC this thursday. Yay!! Holiday sac!!!
I am also yet to really start revising for it, soooooo I am stuffed, I have gotten so confused with all the sampling probability stuff and are so lost. What is th best way to quickly learn th entirety of methods probability? Edrolo? YouTube? The textbook?

I’m probably gonna update this more often from now on. It really helps to simply just write all my thoughts down.