Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:09:23 am

Author Topic: MONASH MEDICAL INTERVIEW (MMI) TUTORING | Current Monash Medical Student  (Read 606 times)  Share 

shivasridhar

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
***OFFERING MONASH MEDICAL INTERVIEW***

Congratulations on making it this far through such a turbulent year - you're almost there! As the year comes to an end it's getting closer and closer to that time of year where medical interviews come around and I know this can be daunting.
A little about myself - I'm Shiva, I graduated with an atar of 99.45 and a UMAT (now UCAT) of 83. I'm currently a final year medical student at Monash University and I was lucky enough to secure an unbonded spot. Considering my umat was on the lower end, I can definitely say that my interview was the main factor behind an unbonded spot at Monash. I was also lucky enough to be offered a spot at every university that I completed an interview for.

Monash is a competitive university to get into and from memory weight UCAT, ATAR and interview equally - so the interview has the potential to really sway your application!

I'm offering interview training sessions specifically catered towards Monash's interview style, complete with in depth information about the set up, a range of practice questions and individually tailored feedback.

What to expect:
1. Our first session will involve running over interview technique, process, tips and tricks, common questions/themes and will give me an opportunity to run through some practice scenarios with you to give you tailored feedback.

2. Subsequent sessions will involve running through questions and scenarios in a timed setting - I have prepared full mock interview sessions for those interested!

I've had a substantial amount of experience with interviews as both a candidate and an interviewer. I was Co-President of Leos Club when I was at MacRob, I've been part of the Victorian Medical Women's Society for over 3 years and I'm currently the Vice Chair of the Women's Health Interest Society of Monash (for which I'm on the interview panel for the 2021 committee selection process). Most importantly, I've tutored over 25 students to get into medicine over the last 4 years.

I am under the impression that Monash's interviews this year will be conducted via video format. I completed both my internship job interview as well as an interview for the position of a Clinical Assistant with a health service this year via video format. I was successful in obtaining both positions and fortunate to receive an internship offer from the health service that was my first preference.

Student Testimonials
“In all honesty, Shiva's guidance and thorough advice about every aspect of the interview process was what got me through it. I'm so grateful and I highly recommend her if you're preparing for any sort of medical interview! Shiva provides a very non judgmental environment and guides you to be the best version of yourself during the interview. Her passion is contagious and I strongly recommend her!”

"Shiva is a great MMI tutor who has great knowledge and was able to help me develop the crucial skills to tackle interview questions. Her practices and tips were super helpful and I definitely would not be able to pass my interviews without her help!"

Please email me at [email protected] or message/call 0466 373 126 for more information!