Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:53:04 pm

Author Topic: Australia in the Global Economy Workbook (Pearson/Leading Edge)  (Read 2568 times)  Share 

QC

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Australia in the Global Economy Workbook (Pearson/Leading Edge)
« on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:56 pm »
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have used this book and if it was good. I have heard the answers to the long responses are not very good so I might have to get my teacher to mark those. Is the book worthwhile or should I just stick to the questions in the textbook.

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Australia in the Global Economy Workbook (Pearson/Leading Edge)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:17:49 pm »
+1
Economics wasn't my strongest subject, but I know that that was the book that our teacher made us use last year. We'd often get homework tasks from it. I found it helpful :)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:59:55 am »
I'm using it at the moment and it was great!! However a downside I found to using it compared to the "Dot Point" books was that it doesn't have answers in it, I have to access the answers online where as the dot point books have answers in them!! hope this helps

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:02:46 am »
I'm using it at the moment and it was great!! However a downside I found to using it compared to the "Dot Point" books was that it doesn't have answers in it, I have to access the answers online where as the dot point books have answers in them!! hope this helps
We used dot point as well in class last year, and was highly recommended by our teacher :) In general I think the dot point books are very thorough.

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:41:39 pm »
We used dot point as well in class last year, and was highly recommended by our teacher :) In general I think the dot point books are very thorough.

My school only had one dot points textbook and it wasn't prescribed for us to buy. So we sometimes used it for practice questions that my teacher would photocopy. But I thought that these questions were quite odd and tested things that weren't necessary to the course as well as having answers that I and many others in my class disagreed with. But they were good practice nonetheless :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 10:07:55 pm »
My school only had one dot points textbook and it wasn't prescribed for us to buy. So we sometimes used it for practice questions that my teacher would photocopy. But I thought that these questions were quite odd and tested things that weren't necessary to the course as well as having answers that I and many others in my class disagreed with. But they were good practice nonetheless :)
Ah okay! I'm inclined to believe you since my schools eco marks have never reached your level literally ever, so eco students take note if you're considering buy it, isaac is a much more reliable source than me! :)

iStudent

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »
+2
The workbook wasn't that useful for me. If you study the main textbook well enough you shouldn't need to do practise questions anyway - eco questions are relatively straightforward :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:18:25 pm by iStudent »
HSC 2014
Eco - 96 (state rank)
MX2 97
MX1 98
Chem 94
Phys 93
Adv eng 92

Medicine @ JMP