Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:16:15 am

Author Topic: i need to start working out  (Read 2992 times)

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
i need to start working out
« on: June 26, 2019, 08:41:31 pm »
+8
i always tells myself that ill work out in an hour, then that hour turns into days, then weeks and you know the rest. idk how this thread/forum works but if someone can like give me some ways to stay motivated id appreciate it <3

what id like to do:
- improve cardio
- do at least 10 squats
- do a plank for at least a minute
- do at least 20 bicep curls with 5kg weights

ill probably add more stuff later on idk
taking a break.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: i need to start working out
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 06:35:52 am »
So excited for this!

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:40:04 am »
+1
i always tells myself that ill work out in an hour, then that hour turns into days, then weeks and you know the rest. idk how this thread/forum works but if someone can like give me some ways to stay motivated id appreciate it <3

what id like to do:
- improve cardio
- do at least 10 squats
- do a plank for at least a minute
- do at least 20 bicep curls with 5kg weights

ill probably add more stuff later on idk
Is this a daily kind of exercise regime?

You could always post once a day checking off your exercises. Then hopefully if you miss a day, people can pester you. Haha
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 07:45:09 am »
+2
How have your workouts been going? Have you been varying up the routine a little?

I remember when I started doing planks I could barely hold the proper position for 15 seconds, but in a month I could do two minutes. Have you found much improvement? ;D

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 02:15:09 pm »
+1
It's really hard once you start out, but to create an exercise regime you must push through the first couple of weeks. If you can do this, you'll find yourself ready to exercise according to the routine.  :)

I just started to work out (properly) a couple of weeks ago and before then, it must have been like two years off and on exercise. 😂

You can do it!

Plus, as a psychology student, exercise has enormous benefits for the mind and body! Provided you do not work yourself out too much and end up with an injury.

👍
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 08:14:05 am »
+1
in all hoensty i forgot i cerated this but like i had a solid workout regime until holidays happened ooF. any advice for motivation??
taking a break.

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 01:06:08 pm »
+5
in all hoensty i forgot i cerated this but like i had a solid workout regime until holidays happened ooF. any advice for motivation??
I find that whenever I really don't want to workout, I try to think of the feeling of accomplishment and happiness you have after one of those workouts. Remember that amazing feeling after you've sweated and worked hard!
Also, maybe doing workouts with friends will help you get back on track as someone else is there with you and encouraging you to do one more repeat exercise.
For some people, listening to music helps, especially fast music. I think there's gym music on youtube if you're interested.
You could also start slow by doing maybe 5 mins one day and slowly building it up by adding five mins each day and you could also start with a more low impact workout and the when you feel your motivation levels rising, you can pump it out with more intense workouts.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 05:12:59 pm »
+3
I find that whenever I really don't want to workout, I try to think of the feeling of accomplishment and happiness you have after one of those workouts. Remember that amazing feeling after you've sweated and worked hard!
Also, maybe doing workouts with friends will help you get back on track as someone else is there with you and encouraging you to do one more repeat exercise.
For some people, listening to music helps, especially fast music. I think there's gym music on youtube if you're interested.
You could also start slow by doing maybe 5 mins one day and slowly building it up by adding five mins each day and you could also start with a more low impact workout and the when you feel your motivation levels rising, you can pump it out with more intense workouts.

i just finished my workout and honestly this is really helpful advice. i might update on my progress but thank you so much!!
taking a break.