Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:23:17 am

Author Topic: A HHD catch-up!  (Read 1322 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
A HHD catch-up!
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:56 pm »
+1
No one posts here lol jk. But I take this subject, at least that's something?

What's going on, fellow Health students! This subject doesn't really get much attention on the forums compared with the arts and sciences, and this is one of my more favoured subjects so I thought I would get your insights.

Did you choose Health as a bludge? Or out of genuine interest? What's your favourite part of HHD as a subject? I'll start off:

NO WAY did I pick this as a bludge. I want to do well, you know? I'm interested in the concept of health and wellbeing. I'm quite looking forward to Global Health in Unit 4!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:19:03 pm by JR_StudyEd »
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: A HHD catch-up!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:43:34 pm »

What's going on, fellow Health students! This subject doesn't really get much attention on the forums compared with the arts and sciences, and this is one of my more favoured subjects so I thought I would get your insights.

Did you choose Health as a bludge? Or out of genuine interest? What's your favourite part of HHD as a subject? I'll start off:

NO WAY did I pick this as a bludge. I want to do well, you know? I'm interested in the concept of health and wellbeing. I'm quite looking forward to Global Health in Unit 4!

Studied HHD when I was in VCE. Didn't do HHD 1&2 (did you?) - went straight to HHD 3&4. It was my last-chosen subject (was either that or Uni Extension Philosophy), was glad I chose it in the end. Definitely didn't choose it as a bludge - it just came down to what I was most interested in when choosing. Ended up being one of my favourite subjects!

What part of the course are you up to atm?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

LivQuaintrelle

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:39:32 pm »
+4

Hey JR_StudyEd!
I actually just finished HHD last year and I genuinely enjoyed it. Although to be honest, I picked it because I got so sick of Methods in about March of last year and needed something else to pick up after I dropped it lol. No regrets!
I think one of my favourite parts of the course was learning about behavioural factors that impact health (at the end of Unit 3, AOS1) because I felt that it was a lot more applicable to daily lives. I think that's why I preferred Unit 3 to 4 because it was all a lot more relatable.
But the whole course is just genuinely interesting, so props for picking it! You'll definitely reap the rewards if you put the effort in :)
Good luck for the rest of the year!

Macrophagee

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 06:34:53 pm »
Hey
I did units 1/2 last year and my favourite part was the human lifespan, stages of pregnancy, development, growth etc! It was a pretty fun subject and my teacher would try to make the lessons as interactive as she can.
I did treat it as a bludge last year mostly because I was focusing on bio and further, but this year I have decided to actually put in some effort. So far, I've enjoyed the biological, sociocultural and environmental factors that influence health and wellbeing, and I'm also looking forward to Unit 4!

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 09:11:26 pm »
Getting near the end now...Roughly 2 months to go!

I've decided to revive this thread because the Unit 4, AOS 2 content is being forcibly crammed into my brain quicker than I can consolidate it into my long-term memory. I've been using Edrolo to learn all year, but for some reason, I find it difficult to link SDGs with health and wellbeing and human development. And my common sense and logic (that I know I can rely on in HHD) is gone due to my inconsistent sleeping patterns. Where is everyone else up to, and how are you all handling this subject?
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.