Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 07:10:17 pm

Author Topic: Mod B Trials  (Read 433 times)

Jemima w

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Mod B Trials
« on: August 11, 2018, 08:35:43 pm »
Freakingout about Mod B trials. For my internal assessment (Ondaatje's In the Skin of a Lion), the question was about isolation of the individual and my thesis was that Ondaatje laments that isolation can hinder the potential of one's personal, cultural and historical identity or something like that. But I feel like this thesis isn't really broad or adaptable considering they can literally ask anything for mod b. Just wondering if anyone has any tips about how to prepare for the mod b section - I don't have time to write another essay so should I just memorise my previous one?? Thanks!!!!!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Mod B Trials
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:54:01 am »
+1
Hey! So I'd be maybe trying to take those quotes you've already got and try to apply them under new themes and other questions. Grab a bunch of trial papers and just dot point how you'd respond. This wouldn't take long and would at least let you practice the way you would answer broader questions ;D

Overall, I think memorising essays is restricting you a bit, especially in Module B, since as you say they can ask you anything! Be sure to try and practice applying it elsewhere too ;D