Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:08:07 am

Author Topic: Error  (Read 741 times)

vikasarkalgud

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Error
« on: August 10, 2018, 10:16:01 pm »
Error
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:09:45 pm by vikasarkalgud »

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: English Hamlet paragraph marking plz
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:02:16 pm »
+1
Hey, got a Mod B Hamlet paragraph I'm not really sure about using for trials. Any good? Ty for any help.

Didn't study Hamlet but stylistically, all I would say is your sentences are a bit long at times. While sophisticated, they can be hard to follow. Simplify that and it looks good :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:38:37 pm »
+1
That's a looong paragraph. I like your analysis and conceptualising. The topic sentence is great, it's conceptual and it's got Shakespeare's purpoes in it!! great! One thing though, if you plan on using this for trials, I would try shortening it down a bit, like I said it's pretty long and chances are you might not remember all those quotes during your exam. I would suggest culling a few quotes to focus on your best ones to emphasise the analysis. In the exam it's easier to come up with analysis to your quotes and they are big time sink. You might wanna end on a link to the question or thesis or both, not sure if you did that since I don't know either of those. Otherwise it's great!
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics

vikasarkalgud

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »
Error
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:10:07 pm by vikasarkalgud »

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 05:39:15 pm »
Thanks for feedback, but wouldn't this be kind of how ur approximately writing for a paragraph in Mod B? Given, it is a single text, 2 huge paragraphs?
Theoretically yes, Mod B paragraphs are big, but in exam conditions you might write slower than when there is no pressure. It's totally fine to write and practice writing long paragraphs because ideally that's what they want (lots of analysis), but I know for at least I can't write very fast so I practice writing smaller paragraphs that I can expand upon in the exam if I'm going well for time. Otherwise, yes you're right, with mod b and the other modules for that fact should have three ideas/paragraphs since it is only one text that you are looking at. Hope this helps!!
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics