Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:39 pm

Author Topic: What do you want to achieve in 2020?  (Read 5421 times)  Share 

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
Re: What do you want to achieve in 2020?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 10:20:58 pm »
+12
What are you studying/doing this year?
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
At the moment, how are you feeling about the year ahead?
Pretty alright. I just hope I just sit down and actually study for the year.
Fast forward to December, 2020. What would you like to be able to say about the year?
An external goal would be to transfer into medicine, but right now I'm trying to prioritise working hard. So hopefully I look back on the year with a sort of proudness that I managed to just sit down and just work ;D
Do you have specific scores or results that you're aiming for?
Above 6.3 GPA. Honestly not too concerned with this, as long as work is getting done every day.
What's something you would like to improve on from 2019?
Like I said, just sitting down and studying. Last year I was so distracted and procrastinated so much. I watched so much study videos in order to understand how to study plus a whole bunch of procrastination that I started to actually study and sit down when it was too late. Hopefully this year I spent time getting stuff done and actually enjoying it :)
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 10:57:28 pm »
+10
Methods, General English, SOR, Bio, Psych, Physics

A lot of mixed emotions. Excited for all the opportunities this year has to offer, but anxious about being the first cohort in Queensland to receive an ATAR instead of an OP.

Fast forward to December, 2020. What would you like to be able to say about the year?
I tried my best, persevered, and made school as enjoyable as possible for everyone around me.

I would love a high ATAR (but we'll see how that goes). For now, I am focusing on my individual results. I'm hoping that I can walk into the external exams with as close to 50/50 for physics, psych and bio. If I do as well this year, as I did last year, I should be able to go into the external exams with 50/50 for psych. So far, I am on track to achieve that (10/10 for all three data tests).
Overall, I would love to have 4/5 band 6s (I'm ok with methods being a band 5, and physics will probably also be a band 5 - but hopefully not).

Work/life balance. Which I am doing pretty alright at so far.
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 11:57:28 pm »
+12
I'm now in my second year of Music Ed at the Con  ;D
Very positive and optimistic! You can ask almost all of my friends on campus and they'd all say "Angelina's just suddenly got a bunch of energy and excitement out of nowhere." I think my life is in a really good place and I'm more keen to learn and study more this year as a result. I've been busy but everything feels so rewarding  :D
I hope that I can come to the end of the year without regretting anything major (like wishing I had spent more time with family or taking better care of myself during exam periods). There will always be things to work on and individual goals to strive towards for self-improvement but I'm overall aiming to take risks and opportunities, whilst being cautious of my personal limitations.
Ideally as many HD's as possible  ;D For Harmony and Aural Perception, I'd be happy with a credit especially since it's already feeling more intense than last year's content. If I had to narrow down my subjects to the ones I'd want to get the best marks for, it'd be my musicology subjects because I may not be doing them anymore in third year if I decide to pursue Honours so I'd like to perform well in them when I've got the chance.
Switching off and taking time for myself. It's going to be a busy one, especially now that I'm also aiming for a certificate alongside completing my degree (all of the weeks which happen to fall during my breaks during semester). I'm going on a major study tour this year during the big holiday break between semesters and will hopefully be taking some time to travel once I've saved a decent amount. I definitely am overdue for a break and will be consciously working on switching off for the betterment of my health long term  :)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Natasack

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 11:30:23 am »
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Pretty alright. I just hope I just sit down and actually study for the year.
An external goal would be to transfer into medicine, but right now I'm trying to prioritise working hard. So hopefully I look back on the year with a sort of proudness that I managed to just sit down and just work ;D
Above 6.3 GPA. Honestly not too concerned with this, as long as work is getting done every day.
Like I said, just sitting down and studying. Last year I was so distracted and procrastinated so much. I watched so much study videos in order to understand how to study plus a whole bunch of procrastination that I started to actually study and sit down when it was too late. Hopefully this year I spent time getting stuff done and actually enjoying it :)
Hi there,
Physiotherapy @ ACU is my plan next year. How are you going/enjoying,
especially considering most lectures are online this year?

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 12:39:19 pm »
+3
Hi there,
Physiotherapy @ ACU is my plan next year. How are you going/enjoying,
especially considering most lectures are online this year?
Well, the online lectures aren’t too bad as the staff really do put quite a lot of effort in making sure we aren’t missing out. For anatomy, we have three question sessions every week where we can ask any question related to anatomy, and for biology, there is an online session where we go through exam questions and stuff. The biggest thing though is the anatomy lab. Most campuses only have 1 anatomy lab, so we aren’t able to go into the lab to learn about anatomy through the cadaver specimens. Prac classes are back for the physiotherapy related subjects for this semester, which is going pretty well.
In terms of the course, it’s pretty great. You dive right in at the beginning of the semester into practicing your talking and actually becoming a physiotherapist, like talking to patients and stuff. Anatomy and biology is pretty great as well, the whole course is taught really well. My favourite part about the course is developing your practical skills and it has been great so far.
Because it has gone online, personally I found myself experimenting with quite a lot of my study techniques, which I would never have been able to do. I am finding this first year challenging though because of the sheer amount of anatomy and body systems we have to learn.

Let me know if you have any more questions! Happy to answer  ;D
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 02:21:16 pm »
+1
I'm in VCE, Year 12, studying Mainstream English, Texts and Traditions (Luke), Revolutions (France/Russia) and Maths Methods.

Assuming you mean the rest of the year- I just want VCE over with. While still wanting to be productive, etc., with the time I've had. And I want time free to continue writing, and I want to do nanowrimo again.

I got closer to God again, I helped friends, I had a productive year, I pulled myself out of my dreadful procrastination habits, I completely outlined a series and wrote the first book, I got the ATAR I needed, I turned 18 (argh!)

92+ ATAR. Bachelor Nursing/Midwifery @ Deakin. 40+ in every subject (not happening, but at LEAST English... Methods...)

Get closer to God. Also be more mature. :'(
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.