Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:15:29 am

Author Topic: QTAC applications now open - where are you applying?  (Read 9103 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
QTAC applications now open - where are you applying?
« on: August 05, 2020, 08:54:32 am »
+5
Hey all!

As you may know, 2021 QTAC applications are now open. :) See more here:

https://www.qtac.edu.au/applications/

I'm interested to know how you're all feeling about applications, and also where you're applying! What sort of factors are you considering most?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: QTAC applications now open - where are you applying?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 09:30:09 am »
+7
Hey all!

As you may know, 2021 QTAC applications are now open. :) See more here:

https://www.qtac.edu.au/applications/

I'm interested to know how you're all feeling about applications, and also where you're applying! What sort of factors are you considering most?

I'm considering applying to ACU in Queensland but I haven't worked out how to apply if I do want to go down that path! While I am open minded and tolerant of other peoples religion I kinda don't want to go to a uni that labels itself as Catholic but with that said, if i go to a ACU i might as well go to the Queensland campus and have a 4-year long 'holiday' while I'm at it! That is of course if the borders are open when the time comes!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

ritosno

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:51 pm »
+7
Applying to UQ and Griffith for (in this order) Physiotherapy, Nursing/Midwifery, Occupational Therapy, and Nursing. Really, really hope I get into physio though, I know they both give subject adjustment factors, so hopefully that'll boost the ATAR.
2020: IB Diploma Program (37/95.45) | HL: Biology, Chemistry, Economics | SL: English Language and Literature, Mathematics, French B

2021: Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy)

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 09:57:34 pm »
+9
I'm probably going to be applying for Medicine at UQ and Dentistry at UQ as well despite my UCAT probably being a bit too low for both of these courses but why not.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 12:42:28 pm »
+11
I'm considering applying to ACU in Queensland but I haven't worked out how to apply if I do want to go down that path! While I am open minded and tolerant of other peoples religion I kinda don't want to go to a uni that labels itself as Catholic but with that said, if i go to a ACU i might as well go to the Queensland campus and have a 4-year long 'holiday' while I'm at it! That is of course if the borders are open when the time comes!

Hi J_Rho,

I'm interested in going to the Queensland ACU too! From what I read, the university doesn't actually "force" or "pressure" its students into taking religion/theology units, it's primarily based on personal preference - these units are actually optional but may enhance your future opportunities and options e.g. the religion/theology units enable you to be qualified for education in catholic-based schools. Hopefully, that helped :)

Personally, I'm feeling a bit nervous about applications, mostly because I'm worried that I'm not going to get a high enough ATAR and that I'm not going to meet my prerequisites e.g. passing biology. I'm applying to QUT for a Bachelor of Education (Primary) or ACU (Queensland campus) for Bachelor of Education (Primary) or Bachelor of Education (Primary) and Special Education or Bachelor of Educational Studies (a pathway to Primary Education).

The adjustment factors that I'm considering the most are the Educational Access Scheme (EAS) for personal illness or disability. I have both Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (a chronic illness) and Mild Cerebral Palsy (a disability) so hopefully, one or both of these will be eligible for the adjustment factors.

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

Shelyla

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 07:51:21 pm »
+2
I am applying at Griffith Uni and UQ to do a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. Although I'm concerned I won't reach a high enough ATAR rank. I heard I could do a Bachelor of Exercise, then after a year transfer into Physiotherapy. Is this true?

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 08:27:59 pm »
+7
I am applying at Griffith Uni and UQ to do a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. Although I'm concerned I won't reach a high enough ATAR rank. I heard I could do a Bachelor of Exercise, then after a year transfer into Physiotherapy. Is this true?

Hi Shelyla,

I just had a look at the entry requirements for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy at Griffith and apparently they don't accept internal transfers for this degree. So to answer your question, you won't be able to transfer into Physiotherapy after doing a year in the Bachelor of Exercise (if you go to Griffith). Though, I'm not sure about UQ.

Check it out here:

https://www.griffith.edu.au/study/degrees/bachelor-of-physiotherapy-1589

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:35:07 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

jasmine383

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 08:55:48 pm »
+6
I'm planning to go into medical imaging at QUT because I really want to do a masters in sonography (that is if I get a high enough atar!  ;)) if not then I plan to do speech pathology or occupational therapy at UQ but other than that I don't really know. Good luck everyone,
Jasmine

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 05:57:19 pm »
+5
I'm super excited but also really nervous about applications!! I did mine the day they opened and my preferences are as follows:
- Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) @ UQ
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) @ UQ
- Bachelor of Biotechnology @ UQ
- Bachelor of Science @ UQ
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) @ UQ
So... all I can say is that UQ better accept me ;D ;D

I need an ATAR 94 for my first preference so fingers crossed :) I put the Bachelor of Arts as my 5th preference because I can major in mathematics. So, if i don't get into any other preference I can major in maths, hopefully do really well and transfer to my first preference when I am able to
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 10:48:44 am »
+2
I'm super excited but also really nervous about applications!! I did mine the day they opened and my preferences are as follows:
- Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) @ UQ
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) @ UQ
- Bachelor of Biotechnology @ UQ
- Bachelor of Science @ UQ
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) @ UQ
So... all I can say is that UQ better accept me ;D ;D

I need an ATAR 94 for my first preference so fingers crossed :) I put the Bachelor of Arts as my 5th preference because I can major in mathematics. So, if i don't get into any other preference I can major in maths, hopefully do really well and transfer to my first preference when I am able to

So exciting! Looks like a solid plan to me. 🤞 What's the main appeal of UQ for you?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 01:50:05 pm »
+3
So exciting! Looks like a solid plan to me. 🤞 What's the main appeal of UQ for you?

UQ has always been my dream uni. When I was younger the architecture definitely played a role, as the St Lucia campus is gorgeous! But lately I've been looking at how it ranks and it ranks well in mathematics which is a big win for me considering what I'm hoping to study. I'm also more of a theoretical person. I understand the appeal of universities like QUT for those that prefer more hands-on learning and practical application. For me, practical application doesn't interest me (i find that is the case with a lot of my subjects at school... e.g. in physics I'd much rather learn about theoretical physics - i.e. relativity - than I would the content that is more practical - i.e. circuits). So UQ is better suited to my learning style. Additionally, even if I wanted to go to QUT they don't do a Bachelor of Mathematics and Bachelor of Education dual degree.
But... let's be honest.... the main reason I want to go to UQ is entirely a result of the UQ Harry Potter Alliance ;D
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 07:24:03 pm »
+1
I only applied for 3 courses, I was originally going into a totally different direction when I first applied but I’ve had a look at the course structures and finally made a final decision :)

1. Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
2. Bachelor of engineering (honours)/bachelor of science
3. Bachelor of engineering (honours)

I’m really hoping to get into pharmacy because I want to work in the pharmaceutical industry :)

I hope everyone here gets into the course they want, it’s been a crazy year.

(It’s at QUT btw)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 07:31:51 pm »
I only applied for 3 courses, I was originally going into a totally different direction when I first applied but I’ve had a look at the course structures and finally made a final decision :)

1. Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
2. Bachelor of engineering (honours)/bachelor of science
3. Bachelor of engineering (honours)

I’m really hoping to get into pharmacy because I want to work in the pharmaceutical industry :)

I hope everyone here gets into the course they want, it’s been a crazy year.

(It’s at QUT btw)

Good luck!

I'm curious, is there a reason you aren't filling up all 6 slots or including straight science at all?

You might be interested in looking at insanipi's uni journal btw since they study pharmaceutical science; it's a different course to pharmacy but I imagine it would still be helpful to get that insight.

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 08:33:20 pm »
+2
I had a read of the uni journal, it was very insightful thank you :)

I’ve had a few people ask me why I didn’t fill up all six slots and it’s basically because I’m most intrigued by my current choices, and in the case that I don’t get into any of the three courses, I can always apply using another entry method (e.g diploma)

I have another qtac application change left so I might look over the course book for the uni’s in brisbane again to see if there’s anything else that may interest me, and might add a couple more options to my application.

ZooCheese

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 09:42:16 am »
For Griffith bachelor of medical science, their website says applications lodged after december 10th may not be seen in time for the january offer round. I had bachelor of medical science at griffith gold coast in my preferences before then, but realised this morning that there is a separate code for nathan and only just added it, 2 days late.

What're the odds that my nathan application will still be seen? Has anyone who applied for griffith med after the 10th December still gotten in?

Thanks