Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 10:20:02 pm

Author Topic: Legal studies help  (Read 517 times)

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Legal studies help
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:44:14 pm »
Hi guys so for my first hsc legal assignment this term, i have to research a consumer law issue (i chose false advertising/misleading representations) and answer the questions below through the presentation of a tv segment and i was wondering if anyone has any creative ideas as to how i can present answers to these questions, like ive got the answers i just dont know how to make it BAM you know like filming it like how cause yeah. I was thinking for the intro like a news segment template off youtube with cool business music and montage/quick snapshot of false advertising images to introduce the issue and then a cut away shot to me at a desk sitting down and i introduce myself and outline the issue like a news headline thing and then maybe a screenshot of me describing the legislation over a voiceover and underline parts of the act and for the legal case, going to a pharmacy and filming me outlining the nurofen case while i point at nurofen and yeah but im unsure as to the rest of the questions about effectiveness should i just film myself saying it like do you know what i mean cause all of these are like essay type/short answer questions
anyone have any better suggestions or feedback?

Outline the issue
Describe legislation relevant to the issue (Australian Consumer Law Act)
Explain the remedies available for consumers affected by this issue e/g/ ACCC
Outline one legal case related to the issue (i chose the nurofen case)
Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in achieving justice in relation to your chosen topic
Suggest further reform that may be needed to meet future challenges of your chosen issue

This is the marking criteria:

Demonstrates an extensive understanding of a consumer law issue, referring to legislation, case law and remedies in detail
Makes an informed judgement using criteria as to the effectiveness of the law in protecting consumer rights and further reform
Extensive use of legal terminology and concepts
Communicates information, ideas and issues using appropriate written/ oral  forms in a sophisticated manner relevant to the final product