Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:36 pm

Author Topic: faaaaantastic, the journey is over!  (Read 34490 times)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: faaaaantastic, the journey is over!
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:35 pm »
+3
CONGRATS ON FINISHING WOOOOO!!!!! This is super exciting!!!!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2017, 05:02:05 pm »
+3
CONGRATS ON FINISHING WOOOOO!!!!! This is super exciting!!!!!

thanks!! it is, don't think i've been so relaxed since finishing trials :-) good luck for art tomorrow - then you're finished!!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: faaaaantastic, the journey is almost over!
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2017, 05:11:34 pm »
+1
yay!!! congrats to you too! it feels great hahaha now that i can do whatever i want, just without the guilt

oooh okay sure, would really love to hear how you liked it. yes, i have read the mortal instruments - it's a great series! my friend gave me the bane chronicles ageessss ago but i haven't read it... maybe i should. have you read it? omg YEA i have to reread harry potter again - haven't done that in a while.

hope you have a great break!
Thanks!! So ready for the break!  Hope you have a great one as well! ;D

Yep, I've got the Infernal devices, Mortal Instruments, Bane Chronicles, Shadowhunter Academy, and Dark Artifices series!
Still haven't read Lord of Shadows though-started but stopped because of HSC. From what I remember, Bane Chronicles was pretty good, although I did read it late last year.
I've read Harry Potter at least 5-6 times but still want to reread it agin! 

Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2017, 08:27:54 pm »
+8
end of hsc to now, 06/12

it's been a while since i've updated this, but post-hsc has been great. it's really strange not having to wake up early, or have a set routine for the day (even when studying i had some sort of routine!) - so everything has been pretty chill. here's a quick rundown of what's been going on:

- not long after the last hsc exam, i went to the AN meet up. it feels so long ago - like maybe half a month ago - when really, it's been just under a month. time really does fly.
- started my christmas casual job, with my first actual shift today. i officially don't really like retail.
- started teaching a few kids piano, which has been really fun.
- changed my uac preferences a lot. the biggest change is moving 2/5 of my preferences to primary teaching, instead of having single degrees for media as my "last resort" preferences (the other 3 are combined international studies/media).
- procrastinated doing the personal statement for teaching. now i'm running out of time to do it. the other day, sydney uni sent me an email saying it was due on december 15, but uac's email said december 10? which due date do i use?
- going to the australian catholic youth festival tomorrow!!! very very very very excited, it goes for 3 days. i'll be seeing some friends i haven't seen in a while, so wooooooooo
- season 2 of the crown is coming out on FRIDAY GET EXCITED

hope you all are having a great time post-exams!!!!!

all the love,
fantasticbeasts
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2017, 08:32:57 am »
+3
- started my christmas casual job, with my first actual shift today. i officially don't really like retail.
- procrastinated doing the personal statement for teaching. now i'm running out of time to do it. the other day, sydney uni sent me an email saying it was due on december 15, but uac's email said december 10? which due date do i use?

Nobody "loves" retail jobs, but it has it perks (If you know where to look :P)

As for the due date, I would assume it is the 10th as it is the safest option for both cases. You don't miss the deadline at all.
If you assume it's the 15th and it is the 10th, Welp you now missed the deadline.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2017, 08:26:10 pm »
+6
19/12

hello everybody!

there's two days until december round 2 offers are released :-O time really has flown this year. it's almost christmas too!!!! i love christmas. no one can stop me wearing a santa hat tomorrow at work. spread the christmas happiness and cheer!

results came out last friday, and i guess i did okay.

results here ha ha ha
business studies: 85. this was such a surprise! my bad rank brought the mark down a tad but this is a huuuuge improvement from the beginning of the year, yay!
english (standard): 87. i was sooo shocked about this one, especially considering i didn't feel confident coming out of both papers. such a relief.
legal studies: 91. i cried when i saw legal. if only my rank was a bit higher, i would've gotten a better overall mark. but but but i got told on friday at the post-hsc morning tea at school, that i got the highest mark in my cohort!!!!! crazy because there were so many people who were better than me, but i'll take what i can get
mathematics: 74. i was definitely expecting a lot worse - i'm no good at maths. i thought it would be nice to scrape a 70, and i did so yay!
modern history: 88. so disappointed with this one. i kept making excuses for not studying as much for this exam, because i was sick during week 1 of exams, and it's really come to haunt me. i guess it's over now, but i'm really annoyed i didn't study as much because i definitely would've gotten a band 6.

the marks themselves were okay, however, the atar is another story. i was super happy at first, but then realised i was 0.55 off my first preference's guaranteed entry. ugh. and that's after bonus points are added. so annoying.

on saturday, i went to the info days for both unsw and uts (my top 2 preferences which are pretty much the same course) and decided that no matter which university i end up at, i'll be happy because i'll be doing what i want. every time i go to either uts or unsw, i get good vibes from both so i'm veeeeery undecided - i'm going to wait until january round 1 to see if i get an offer from unsw, then i'll decide. even after making a pros and cons list for both i ended up with the same amount for each so like... ssiofsoifjsoifjs;ofjsofj

hope you're all doing well, and your marks were super awesome! as long as you get to do what you want, it's okay :-)

all the love,
fantasticbeasts

Spoiler
ALSO i finished season 2 of the crown yesterday!!!!! the ending made me cry so much and i reckon it ended decently, especially because the last season kind of ended on a cliffhanger. i felt like the timeline of this season was a bit hard to follow, but i still really loved the entire season. i'll be sad to see this cast go, they were really great.

Nobody "loves" retail jobs, but it has it perks (If you know where to look :P)

As for the due date, I would assume it is the 10th as it is the safest option for both cases. You don't miss the deadline at all.
If you assume it's the 15th and it is the 10th, Welp you now missed the deadline.

why didn't i see this earlier ahhhh

the job is actually kind of decent now, since i've gotten used to it. and i did end up submitting statement about an hour before december 11 hit, thank goodness.

thanks for your message!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:29:07 pm by fantasticbeasts3 »