Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:34:57 am

Author Topic: E12 @ Usyd  (Read 9976 times)

Deng

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
E12 @ Usyd
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:28:21 pm »
Hey guys, was wondering if any other members had been successful with their E12 applications and are able to provide advice on creating a successful application

Thanks
English Advanced -89
Legal Studies - 90
Business Studies -92
Economics - 92
Mathematics - 88

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
Re: E12 @ Usyd
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:50:55 pm »
Hey!

Yeah I was successful for a Bachelor of Arts/ Social Work application. Usyd wasn't even one of my preferences at all, but my friends were trying it out so I did it to last minute and I miracuously made it! Its most likely something I wouldn't use but it is fullfilling to be accepted.

I guess my tips is that I really followed the tips and structure that was provided to us in the Usyd website, where it showed what is a good answer, the sample resume, etc.

For me I tried to put as much of my extracurricular acvitities/achievements as I can in the "Extracurricular" section of the resume. My friend took what I did and she got into E12 Bachelor of Commerce and also got a $30 000 scholarship as well! :D

Hope I was helpful! :)

Nicole

HSC 2016
ATAR Aim: >85

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

ATAR 2016: 91.10

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 01:30:55 pm »
Hey!

Yeah I was successful for a Bachelor of Arts/ Social Work application. Usyd wasn't even one of my preferences at all, but my friends were trying it out so I did it to last minute and I miracuously made it! Its most likely something I wouldn't use but it is fullfilling to be accepted.

I guess my tips is that I really followed the tips and structure that was provided to us in the Usyd website, where it showed what is a good answer, the sample resume, etc.

For me I tried to put as much of my extracurricular acvitities/achievements as I can in the "Extracurricular" section of the resume. My friend took what I did and she got into E12 Bachelor of Commerce and also got a $30 000 scholarship as well! :D

Hope I was helpful! :)

Nicole

So lucky!!

I got into the Maquarie and Western Uni global entry but my teachers thought... and I quote "To stupid" to be eligible for E12 Based on my year 11 to 12 results. I totally flunked Year 11 cause I could not give one sh*t. Put in all my effort this year and made Major improvements, but nah still not good enough
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:02:25 am »
:-*

Sorry Maybe you didnt get in.... But dont lose Hope You can easily get there if you smash the HSC. If you want to try a guaranteed entry into Western Uni, then switch after the first year, there is always that. Here is the link: https://www23.uac.edu.au/wseo/login/auth
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 05:41:07 pm »

So lucky!!

I got into the Maquarie and Western Uni global entry but my teachers thought... and I quote "To stupid" to be eligible for E12 Based on my year 11 to 12 results. I totally flunked Year 11 cause I could not give one sh*t. Put in all my effort this year and made Major improvements, but nah still not good enough

I got into Macquarie GLP and Western Sydney GLP too! Haha small world, but yeah E12 is incredibly competitive, my friend who was competiting for the business scholarship was up against 50 other people; and thats just the people with the BEST application! I also know a girl who is a dux of the school, has done so many extracurriculars, and got a ATAR estimate of 93 FROM HER TRIAL MARKS. And yet, she still didnt get E12 for Law!! Its crazy!

But yeah, don't feel down about Usyd E12, because really its alooooot of people that applied! I mean its really beneficial if you ask me, but social work without law isn't want I want so :)

Hope you're doing fine in HSC!
HSC 2016

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

Sanaz

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 05:50:04 pm »
yea i got into E12 Physio :)

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 05:52:11 pm »

yea i got into E12 Physio :)

Congrats!! :)
HSC 2016

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

Sanaz

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 06:05:49 pm »
+1
Hey guys, was wondering if any other members had been successful with their E12 applications and are able to provide advice on creating a successful application

Thanks

They provide tips on their website, after im done with HSC ill write something up for you :P They just want to know that you're a well rounded individual with passion for sydney.

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:09 pm »
I got into Macquarie GLP and Western Sydney GLP too! Haha small world, but yeah E12 is incredibly competitive, my friend who was competiting for the business scholarship was up against 50 other people; and thats just the people with the BEST application! I also know a girl who is a dux of the school, has done so many extracurriculars, and got a ATAR estimate of 93 FROM HER TRIAL MARKS. And yet, she still didnt get E12 for Law!! Its crazy!

But yeah, don't feel down about Usyd E12, because really its alooooot of people that applied! I mean its really beneficial if you ask me, but social work without law isn't want I want so :)

Hope you're doing fine in HSC!

You Too ahah!

I felt good for today but defiantly screwed for tomorrow....
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 09:54:45 pm »
Section One screwed me over so bad...... but modules tommorow will KILL.ME. haha
HSC 2016

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 01:43:26 pm »
Section One screwed me over so bad...... but modules tommorow will KILL.ME. haha

I Fucked up so badly...
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 04:55:14 pm »

I Fucked up so badly...

When they specify the only speech that you didnt study Good Ol' BOSTES
HSC 2016

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 05:44:47 pm »
When they specify the only speech that you didnt study Good Ol' BOSTES

They gave us a related text for Mod B that I had not studied... I thought we got to choose a related... ended making up so much bullshit on  a concept which turns out was not even in that poem..
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 11:26:44 pm »
HAHAHAHA that was basically the whole of the advanced course who did speeches/ poems. RIP Band 3 in Advanced lmao
HSC 2016

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

brigidw963

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 10:49:18 am »
I got in to architecture at USYD through E12, but I think they mainly aim the program at students who are somewhat disadvantaged (thats what it says on their website anyhow). I applied with only my half yearly marks which were ok but not amazing. I live more than 100km away from Sydney though, also you still have to get the base ATAR they state (which is lowered by 5 points usually) before you can officially be accepted so its different to other early entry programs.