Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:33:04 pm

Author Topic: Nature of Light Question  (Read 1395 times)  Share 

david.ko3

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Nature of Light Question
« on: March 03, 2019, 11:39:01 am »
Hi! I came across a question that says,
Analyse how Maxwel explained the proporgation of electromagnetic waves, with reference to his relevant equations.
How would I answer the question? Thanks so much!!! Help is very appreciated ;D

blasonduo

• Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +356
Re: Nature of Light Question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:08:54 pm »
Analyse how Maxwel explained the proporgation of electromagnetic waves, with reference to his relevant equations.

Hey! What part of this statement confuses you? Do you know the equations? What do you already know about them? How could they be used to explain what Planck investigated?

Knowing how much you know would allow me to explain more efficiently your confusion ;D
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

JackMcN0

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Nature of Light Question
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:38:21 pm »
+1
Hey mate for your Course you are only required to submit a qualitative analysis of this meaning no Maths.
 I have attached the two relevant syllabus point documents.
But if I was to answer your Question... Maxwell unified Gauss' Law, a similar one for magnetism, Ampere's Law and Faraday's Law. Ampere's Law states that a changing point charge produces a magnetic field. Faraday's Law means that a induced emf in a circuit is equal in magnitude to the change in flux in the circuit. He noticed that if a changing electric field produced a magnetic field, the inverse would occur. Which is, the  changing magnetic field would in turn produce a electric field. Therefore, light is self propagating. Thus, Maxwell proposed this theory to predict how light propagates in media.