Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:15:43 pm

Author Topic: Further Maths Advise  (Read 558 times)  Share 

ally1784

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Further Maths Advise
« on: September 22, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »
Hey guys, I'm a year 10 doing unit 1 and 2 further maths. I'm always making silly mistakes and it's hard to prevent that from happening and I'm afraid that this may happen next year. What advice do you guys have to prevent yourself form making silly mistakes?

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Further Maths Advise
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 05:26:29 pm »
+2
Tips:
- Make a log book of your mistakes.
- Identify why you’re making these mistakes: are they silly mistakes because you didn’t check, didn’t have enough time to check, you don’t read the question properly... etc.. If you know this, you can start to work on the issue(s).
- Also check to see if any of these issues arise on the same questions and/or types of questions.
- Ask your teacher for a bit of help if you can’t identify what your issue is or want more practise on a certain type of question. They should have more resources or can sometimes create more, if you ask nicely. They also probably know what trips you up from your previous SACs and other tests.
- Attending to the issue could mean more practise on one type of question you always get wrong, it could mean that you’ll be more attentive when a certain word shows up in a question, it could mean that you’ll work on time management if you’re running out of time to check answers. Depends on the issues you identify and how you think you’ll best deal with them.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread