Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:05:13 am

Author Topic: [HSC] FREE Head Start Lectures - Register Now!  (Read 5129 times)  Share 

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: [HSC] FREE Head Start Lectures - Register Now!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 09:44:20 pm »
+1
I'm most passionate about the business studies and modern history ones, but they're so far from the english and maths ones!
It's a shame, i'd like to see you deliver an awesome modern history lecture!!  :)
I think i might go on the 16th, because i can go to the advanced english and general maths ones (probably the two subjects im worst at hahahaha)
Now that you say its mostly gonna be about souirce analysis, i reckon i could give it a miss. Only because im pretty confident with it. I got 25/25 for my source based ww1 exam last term!! (Doing you proud!  :) )
No hard feelings! And 25/25 that's fantastic!! Very well done :)

If you mean General Maths though, that is running at the same time as English Advanced on the 16th!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

NowYouTseMe

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 09:55:01 pm »
+1
Can't speak for all of the other lectures, but Modern (which I noticed is in your subject list!  ;) ) will be more focused on skills this time around :) We'll be doing a quick bit of revision for the last two section of the WW1 syllabus (the ones people forget aha), then launching straight into how to maximise your marks in multiple choice/short answer, the source analysis, how to adapt to different sources, essay structure, the different types of essays, how to develop a strong thesis, etc. etc. :) All the stuff you need to know to smash your first set of proper exams! :)

Looks like I'll be going then! Mainly looking forward to the essay-based skill stuff; I find Modern essays super different to all my other subjects so they're a lot harder to write and prep for (for me anyway), so it should be good
HSC 2016
Information Processes and Technology: 90

HSC 2018
Advanced English: 95 | Extension 1 English: 47 | Extension 2 English: 42 | Legal Studies: 95 | Modern History: 94 | French Continuers: 84 | Mathematics Advanced: 89

LAT 2018: 88 (90th Percentile)

ATAR: 98.05

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 10:39:55 pm »
Not actually sure where i'd post something like this, but i think it would be great if there were lectures for the more "lesser known" subjects. For example: society and culture-i'd absolutely love a lecture for society and culture!  :)
It doesn't have to be run by all the bigger admins. moderators and other lecturers, they could be run by some of us! the people on the forum who love their subjects!!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 10:44:59 pm »
Not actually sure where i'd post something like this, but i think it would be great if there were lectures for the more "lesser known" subjects. For example: society and culture-i'd absolutely love a lecture for society and culture!  :)
It doesn't have to be run by all the bigger admins. moderators and other lecturers, they could be run by some of us! the people on the forum who love their subjects!!  ;D

We've been getting lots of requests for Society and Culture - It is definitely something we are considering to maybe do in the future :) lots of pieces need to fall into place to offer a lecture for a new subject, there's reasons we can't do more even though we'd love to - But keep your fingers crossed ;D

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 10:47:28 pm »
We've been getting lots of requests for Society and Culture - It is definitely something we are considering to maybe do in the future :) lots of pieces need to fall into place to offer a lecture for a new subject, there's reasons we can't do more even though we'd love to - But keep your fingers crossed ;D
If it'd help, i bet we could gather a bunch of SAC students (me included  ;) 8) )to help it to "fall into place" to offer the lecture, or even run it? Idk? But im happy to help!
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:00 pm »
If it'd help, i bet we could gather a bunch of SAC students (me included  ;) 8) )to help it to "fall into place" to offer the lecture, or even run it? Idk? But im happy to help!

Likely not in this series, but we'll see how we go next time ;D

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 09:26:03 am »
okay, so i completely forgot about actually registering for the lectures (even though i imagined i had) and now the english advanced lecture tickets are all sold out  :'( :'( :'(
So that means i can now only go to the general maths one on the 16th! (Both days of adv english are full!!) and now im torn about wheather i just go to the general maths one, or i go to the modern one on another day as well. But the flipside is its a very long commute for me to get to UTS!
 :( :'(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 09:33:03 pm »
+5
How AWESOME are these lectures going peeps!! We're certainly having a blast ;D