Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 02:22:22 am

Author Topic: How is everyone studying for DAT trials?  (Read 7189 times)  Share 

vyca

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
How is everyone studying for DAT trials?
« on: July 30, 2016, 04:45:25 pm »
I have no idea how to study for it!!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: How is everyone studying for DAT trials?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 09:01:44 am »
+1
My teacher just told me to know our "innovation case studies" really well, but didnt spend any time revising for the exam (what with the mdp due and all).

My DNT exam is after English Paper 2 Modules (Advanced) so im going to be absolutely bummed after it
My advice would be to look at past papers and see if there is a general trend of the style of questions they ask.

I'll try and tackle it in sections
Section 1: multiple choice. Just know the design process and some key terms like "entrepreneur" and you should be fine.
Section 2: requires you to think like a designer, what problems does this have, what solutions can you think of
Section 3: this is an essay. I'm not that sure how you can study for this but just have a go anyway

Attached is the 2015 DT exam
2015 DNT exam

Sorry i wasnt much help but feel free to flick me a pm or question on here if you need any clarification :D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:42:44 pm »
How did everyone find the Design And Tech Trial today?

CSSA one i though was very kind. The essay was relatable, the longer responses (Sect II) were quite easy (the only one that gave me the slightest grief was Q13)

Multiple choice was generally easy, one or two harder ones in there but on the whole the only thing I can complain about is that I had to sit there for 1/2 hour doing nothing lol

vyca

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »
I found the MC confusing, there would always be two answers I kept tossing up between ++ i didnt revise sustainability and had any good examples so i hated the extended response! but the short answers were good :)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 08:16:33 pm »
I found the MC confusing, there would always be two answers I kept tossing up between ++ i didnt revise sustainability and had any good examples so i hated the extended response! but the short answers were good :)
The multiple choice was confusing lol there was just 2 on some questions i was just like this one or that one?
The extended respnse i feel as though wouldve been hard had i not been studying sustainable and renewable resources just an hour earlier!
I agree that the short answers were very kind :)

Stefan K

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »
Hi guys, I just use a summary of terms I found on the internet. Just type in "ace your hsc" or something like that. thats the name of the website i'm pretty sure :)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 01:23:30 pm »
Hi guys, I just use a summary of terms I found on the internet. Just type in "ace your hsc" or something like that. thats the name of the website i'm pretty sure :)

Yeah its acehsc, without the your :)
Normally wouldn't be mentioning an external website/organisation but an is lacking a bit and acehsc seems to have all the stuff needed.

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:18:40 pm »
Yeah its acehsc, without the your :)
Normally wouldn't be mentioning an external website/organisation but an is lacking a bit and acehsc seems to have all the stuff needed.

I honestly reckon the DT exams are getting easier and easier, its getting simple. Just remember definitions and your set!
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 12:29:13 pm »
I honestly reckon the DT exams are getting easier and easier, its getting simple. Just remember definitions and your set!

Yeah this is true, although a couple of years ago they moved from a 6 and a 9 marker, to one 15 mark essay. But that is the only aspect of it I think that is honestly made it any harder.

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:37:21 pm »
Yeah this is true, although a couple of years ago they moved from a 6 and a 9 marker, to one 15 mark essay. But that is the only aspect of it I think that is honestly made it any harder.

What are you worried about specifically the MC or short answers?
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 12:41:45 pm »
What are you worried about specifically the MC or short answers?

The short answers have a way of screwing me over for some reason, I end up losing the majority of my marks there.. Hbu?

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 12:43:12 pm »
The short answers have a way of screwing me over for some reason, I end up losing the majority of my marks there.. Hbu?

Same!!!! ahaha!
  <-- CLICK ME

cmbarnes

• Adventurer
  • "It is never too late to be wise."
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 01:25:35 pm »
+2
Does anyone actually study for D&T? Honestly, I've never studied for it and always done well. I wouldn't even know what to study for if I tried  :-\
Goal ATAR: 90.00

I graduate in 2016 and study English Advanced, English Extension 1, Design and Technology, Modern History, History Extension, General Mathematics and Studies of Religion 1. Hoping to study the Bachelor of Design (Hons) / Media (PR and Advertising) at UNSW Art and Design.