Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:06:51 am

Author Topic: DETAILED: Elizabeth Blackburn School of Sciences Entrance [Yr 11&12] Guide 2020  (Read 74927 times)  Share 

Bryan2003

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Wow some people get the option of declining Ebs. My parents are kinda wanting that I get a late offer or something.
I think it's best if you move on... clinging onto a nearly broken branch isn't really gonna help

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
I think it's best if you move on... clinging onto a nearly broken branch isn't really gonna help
I moved on already......yeah its broken as hell.

arhaasfar1

• Fresh Poster
Guys should I go again next year?
yes i am thinking of that too as i didnt get in this year but i am hoping if they would offer me a place as some people decline the interview offers so hopefully and if that doesnt happen then guess i have to do it again

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
yes i am thinking of that too as i didnt get in this year but i am hoping if they would offer me a place as some people decline the interview offers so hopefully and if that doesnt happen then guess i have to do it again
Sorry to hear you did not get an interview  :(
I did not either, but we always have next year and a chance for a late offer. In my opinion, I suggest you let Ebs go for now, since it looks like chances are low for a late offer.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Just curious what was your results?

Sparkk67

• Fresh Poster
idk but i know that 38 people will guarantee not get accepted due to 5% rule *cough *cough, the 40 or so UHS students who sat the exam. The rest are pretty much guarantee accepted as long as we prepare for the interview and don't act anti-social during the group activities. Also prepare an EI question, it can be changed at any time. I know for a fact at least a few people will decline (like the people who got into jmss for example) Gl everyone.

Where does it say there is a 5% rule? I thought 5% rule was only for MGHS/MHS/SCHS/NHS?

Bryan2003

• Trailblazer
Where does it say there is a 5% rule? I thought 5% rule was only for MGHS/MHS/SCHS/NHS?
Ye I am curious about that too... I just heard it from Jayce that the school has a 5% rule. I mean, does it even matter, seeing that they only accept max 100 students per year?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Yeah it is for the year 8 entry only. Ebs does not have that rule, they never said anything about it.

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
  • Respect: +135
Has anyone decided their E.I. question yet? Apparently they address it during the interview.

I know I want something genetics-related, but idk what exactly.
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)

Bryan2003

• Trailblazer
Yeah it is for the year 8 entry only. Ebs does not have that rule, they never said anything about it.
EBS has a maximum intake of around 20 uhs kids

Bryan2003

• Trailblazer
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! May the odds be in your favour (are there even odds in the first place lmao)

Yians014

• Trailblazer
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! May the odds be in your favour (are there even odds in the first place lmao)

Thanks n you too! :)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Tell me how you went

Bryan2003

• Trailblazer
It was more straightforward than I anticipated. In fact, mine took less than 20 minutes.

We did a group activity (which was more of an icebreaker, actually, since they didn't seem to pay too much attention to it) and then had a one on one session with one of the teachers. The experience comparable course counselling - we just discussed my subjects and E.I. rather than any out of the box concepts.
Ye my interview also mirrors that... but idk I brought my achievements with me so the principal talked about my achievements too. I hope I get in, for some reason I'm having doubts

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Ye my interview also mirrors that... but idk I brought my achievements with me so the principal talked about my achievements too. I hope I get in, for some reason I'm having doubts
Don't doubt yourself, we all have faith in you.