Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:24:46 am

Author Topic: Buying UCAT resources ?  (Read 3909 times)

geek123456

Buying UCAT resources ?
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:19:15 pm »
Hi,
I was wondering if commercial UCAT resources should be bought?
Even though the UCAT has been introduced into Australia a few days ago, all the previous UMAT companies have now switched to UCAT styled packages and claiming it to be an exact reflection of the actual UCAT.I am really confused and any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Buying UCAT resources ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
+10
In your position I would not touch any previous UMAT company now claiming to prepare students for UCAT with a 10 ft pole.
They will claim that they 'anticipated' this change and that they have already made resources. Do not fall for this.
The UCAT change was very unexpected for all stakeholders. Yet Icanmed is claiming that they knew this was coming while Medentry claims they have been preparing students for the UCAT for 20 years LOL.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would first direct you to the free resources UCAT makes available for all students for free!  http://www.ucatofficial.com/ucat-anz/preparation/

Secondly, you need to know that the UCAT is the exact same as the UKCAT that has been running in the U.K for many years now. This means that all resources available there are applicable to the UCAT. In your position I would be searching amazon, ebay and other book websites for UKCAT training materials. These are often very cheap $30.

If you do feel you must have some sort of preparation course I would advise you to look for a UKCAT one. Although from my searching I have found that there aren't that many as so many cheap resources are accessible in the form of books.           

Do not fall for UMAT companies claiming to suddenly be experienced in the UCAT!
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash