Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:16 pm

Author Topic: i go to macrob AMA  (Read 14212 times)  Share 

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
Re: i go to macrob AMA
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 05:07:46 pm »
Wow, thanks so much for all the information khadeejaatif! Just wondering (you don't have to say if you don't want to) but what scores did you get in with and what do you think I should aim for?
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 05:33:26 pm »
Wow, thanks so much for all the information khadeejaatif! Just wondering (you don't have to say if you don't want to) but what scores did you get in with and what do you think I should aim for?

maths: superior
numerical: superior
verbal: superior
reading comp: superior
persuasive: high average
creative: high average

i'm pretty sure this year it's either persuasive or creative and it's half an hour rather than each one (15 minutes each). you should be aiming for three as most girls i know of do have three. BUT some girls come in with two, one or even none. doesn't mean you shouldn't aim for three superiors though. as long as your scores are toward the higher end you'll be fine. if you do get in, it doesn't matter how many superiors you get people dont judge you for it. someone i know lied about her superiors because she got less than i did. that doesnt matter because we still got in. it only matters with your admission. remember to watch out for late offers so if you get an offer for suzanne or nossal dont accept it right away (unless you live super super near it)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:35:35 pm by khadeejaatif »
taking a break.

pangushi

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 06:01:19 pm »
hello khadeejatif !

this year im applying for mac rob and was wondering which of the tests you found the easiest to the hardest? i was also wondering if there were topics or tricks that people should look out for when taking the exam.

thank you in advance  ;D

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 06:09:09 pm »
hello khadeejatif !

this year im applying for mac rob and was wondering which of the tests you found the easiest to the hardest? i was also wondering if there were topics or tricks that people should look out for when taking the exam.

thank you in advance  ;D

hey dude so before i go into the difficulty rankings, for writing they only gave me ONE piece of paper (keep in mind it might be the same this year idk) and no extra paper. at james an id write on four or five pages so it was very difficult for me to compress my ideas to one page. also keep in mind this year the format for writing has changed so writing cant really be scaled properly here. this is a bit of backstory before i go into the difficulty of the tests for me:

1. creative
2. persuasive
3. numerical
4. maths
5. verbal
6. reading comp

i have already shared some tips and tricks before and have even linked to some additional ones on this thread so ye check it out
taking a break.

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 07:35:31 pm »
+1

if anyone does get accepted into >any school< just deadass do everything you can in year 9 and 10 because in year 11 and 12 there are some restrictions concerning extracurriculars.

Fully agree.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 06:00:19 pm »
Hi khadeejaatif!
I was just wondering, what orders are the test in? Like, RC first, Maths second, etc. I just want your input on this, I go to a grammar school, it is a pretty decnt school, pm me if you want to know what school, and I was wondering how much superiors I would need to atleast get a place at Suzanne Cory.
Also, for example, you get an offer into SCHS and accept it, will you still get that second round offer from Mac.Rob for example and then change to Mac.Rob?

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 06:52:18 pm »
Hi khadeejaatif!
I was just wondering, what orders are the test in? Like, RC first, Maths second, etc. I just want your input on this, I go to a grammar school, it is a pretty decnt school, pm me if you want to know what school, and I was wondering how much superiors I would need to atleast get a place at Suzanne Cory.
Also, for example, you get an offer into SCHS and accept it, will you still get that second round offer from Mac.Rob for example and then change to Mac.Rob?

test order changes every year and im not sure about the amount of superiors for suzanne because i only put macrob as my preference as personally i lived too far from suzanne and nossal so i have no idea but ill get back to you on that. and for the offers thing, no. you can not change it from what i know. a friend of mine ended up going nossal and got an offer for macrob but couldnt accept it because she already accepted the one for nossal. it might be different for some people but you should be incredibly careful about choosing offers
taking a break.

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »
Hey dude, once again thanks for helping all of us out! Wow, looking at your scores you must be really smart, I just wanted to also ask what kind of preparation you did for the tests in general, eg: did you study a year 9 textbook, do writing every day or did you just do tutoring? I'm really worried I haven't done enough, but at the same time, I'm studying as much as I can, around 2 hours a day. Please help!
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

cloudyy

• Forum Regular
  • !
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 10:07:46 pm »
Hey just wondering are you planning to go to social at mhs in August?

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 09:28:51 am »
Hey dude, once again thanks for helping all of us out! Wow, looking at your scores you must be really smart, I just wanted to also ask what kind of preparation you did for the tests in general, eg: did you study a year 9 textbook, do writing every day or did you just do tutoring? I'm really worried I haven't done enough, but at the same time, I'm studying as much as I can, around 2 hours a day. Please help!

two hours a day is enough imo. but i borrowed a year 9 and 10 maths book and practiced writing every week, not every dya. i wish i was smart lmaoaoa. some people dont do ANY tutoring or studying and they just show up on the test day and get in but theyre like crazy smart. study as much as you can and im sure youll be fine. if you dont get in (omg the next sentence is so cringy im sorry) its probably not your destiny
taking a break.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 09:31:57 am »
+1
Hey just wondering are you planning to go to social at mhs in August?

lmao only year 9's go there and new year 10's. people only go to the middle school social if they wanna hook up with someone or makeout with their boyfriend/girlfriend and im not going cuz thats what my friends did last year and none of them wanna go this year
taking a break.

pangushi

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 09:28:11 pm »
Hey khadeejaatif,

thanks for answering my previous question and i hope i am not bothering you with another one but compared to the real tests, are the practice tests alike it at all or like way easier? For example, if the practice test was a 5 outta 20 in hardness ranking, what would you rank it outta 20?

Hope this makes sense ahahha.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 08:44:00 am »
+1
Hey khadeejaatif,

thanks for answering my previous question and i hope i am not bothering you with another one but compared to the real tests, are the practice tests alike it at all or like way easier? For example, if the practice test was a 5 outta 20 in hardness ranking, what would you rank it outta 20?

Hope this makes sense ahahha.

the practice tests are very easy compared to the actual test but they have the exact same format imo. "hardeness rating" would be 15/20 for me
taking a break.

CosTheta

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 11:22:00 am »
Hi, do you remember what time the exam starts and what time it finishes ?
Thnx

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 05:54:48 pm »
Hi, do you remember what time the exam starts and what time it finishes ?
Thnx

Yes, I was just about to ask the same question :)