Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:48:22 am

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 340561 times)  Share 

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »
+1
For some of my first year subjects there are no recorded lectures. So I was wondering if I wanted to hear the content of a particular lecture again, would I be allowed to attend a different lecture (than the one allocated to me on my timetable) at some other time in the week? Can anyone go to any lecture?

Thanks

You're really only supposed to got what you are allocated but in practice the lecturer likely won't know or care.

That being said though, I think there are more productive things to do than attend the same lecture twice. If take good notes and pay attention than once should be enough. You could also download the lecture slides or voice record (I'm not sure if it's allowed but the lecturer won't find out).
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

RazzMeTazz

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2016, 12:03:40 pm »
You're really only supposed to got what you are allocated but in practice the lecturer likely won't know or care.

That being said though, I think there are more productive things to do than attend the same lecture twice. If take good notes and pay attention than once should be enough. You could also download the lecture slides or voice record (I'm not sure if it's allowed but the lecturer won't find out).

Thanks for the advice/help chasej! :)

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2016, 10:45:18 am »
Hey, does anyone here know by any chance how to unenrol/withdraw from Monash?

When offers came out, I 'accepted' my offer and created an account and filled out some details but I didn't select any units. I haven't attended any of the info days/O-week and stuff as I didn't want to go to Monash anymore...I tried looking around my.monash but I'm unsure of how to 'cancel' this thing?

VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #348 on: March 03, 2016, 12:14:04 pm »
Do you fail the unit when you miss a hurdle requirement? I missed a quiz...It said 'pre-prac' quiz, but my prac class is tomorrow, but it closed today. It was for ENG1002, and I have emailed the unit coordinator.

Thanks.
2015: VCE
2016: BCivEng(Hons)/BCom at MU

Feel free to PM me for your engineering queries

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #349 on: March 03, 2016, 12:48:12 pm »
Do you fail the unit when you miss a hurdle requirement? I missed a quiz...It said 'pre-prac' quiz, but my prac class is tomorrow, but it closed today. It was for ENG1002, and I have emailed the unit coordinator.

Thanks.

In general, yes. However, I'm guessing that all of your labs combined are a hurdle in which you need more than 50% to pass? In which case, you should be fine.

Either way, e-mailing the unit coordinator here was the right move.

miaow

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #350 on: March 03, 2016, 03:33:37 pm »
Hey there,
Just wondering if its possible to do a major and two minors in the Arts component of Arts/Law? Can I just use the four electives in Arts to create a second minor, or would it not 'count'?
I would be wanting to major in Literary Studies and minor in Politics and Philosophy :) I'm already doing Lit and Politics but was hoping to pick up Philosophy as my first elective.
Thanks! :)

Seņor

« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2016, 04:08:25 pm »
Hey there,
Just wondering if its possible to do a major and two minors in the Arts component of Arts/Law? Can I just use the four electives in Arts to create a second minor, or would it not 'count'?
I would be wanting to major in Literary Studies and minor in Politics and Philosophy :) I'm already doing Lit and Politics but was hoping to pick up Philosophy as my first elective.

Hmm im not too sure, but i do know that u can do two majors.

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2016, 10:38:31 pm »
Hey there,

you can't. you do do two majors or one major with two minors or one major, one minor and  4 electives.
You only have the ability to do 16 arts unit in Arts/Law.
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2016, 11:05:01 pm »
+1
In general, yes. However, I'm guessing that all of your labs combined are a hurdle in which you need more than 50% to pass? In which case, you should be fine.

Either way, e-mailing the unit coordinator here was the right move.

Ohk thanks! He gave me a warning, and opened it up again. I got 100% on it which was nice haha.

Anybody know if this is possible to do with my degree:

BCiv (Hons) and BCom (Majoring in Finance, Minoring in Accounting (or Acturial Science))?

Thanks!

Fraxyz

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Monash
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:00 pm »
+1
BCiv (Hons) and BCom (Majoring in Finance, Minoring in Accounting (or Acturial Science))?

I wouldn't recommend going into actuarial unless you want to fully commit to it as a major and go through all of the professional accreditation. If you're just after it for the maths check out an econometrics minor as well, it's a bit more practical.
2012-2014: B.Com, Actuarial Studies & Econometrics
2015: B.Com Hons, Econometrics
2016-2019: Ph.D, Econometrics

miaow

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »
you can't. you do do two majors or one major with two minors or one major, one minor and  4 electives.
You only have the ability to do 16 arts unit in Arts/Law.

Wait, so you're saying I can do the major and two minors? Sorry, a little confused!

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »
+1
Wait, so you're saying I can do the major and two minors? Sorry, a little confused!

Yeah...especially a major, and two minors in a double degree.

(Daniel)

« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2016, 04:54:21 pm »
Question about midsemester break. Is it week 4 or 5?

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2016, 04:57:22 pm »
Hey, does anyone here know by any chance how to unenrol/withdraw from Monash?

When offers came out, I 'accepted' my offer and created an account and filled out some details but I didn't select any units. I haven't attended any of the info days/O-week and stuff as I didn't want to go to Monash anymore...I tried looking around my.monash but I'm unsure of how to 'cancel' this thing?

Hi strawberries, apologies for the delay.  If you want to un-enrol from Monash, you will need to advise your managing faculty in writing.  The easiest way to do this is to submit an enquiry through ask.monash .
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2016, 05:02:19 pm »
Question about midsemester break. Is it week 4 or 5?

It begins on 25 March, which is at the end of Week 4.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.