Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:19:57 pm

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 341302 times)  Share 

Darth_Pepe

Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2016, 02:42:24 pm »
Hi question about the compulsory course information session in Arts at caulfield. Do we have to bring anything?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2016, 04:33:51 pm »
Hi question about the compulsory course information session in Arts at caulfield. Do we have to bring anything?

Just bring yourself and the stuff you'd usually take out of the house to an information session. You might want to bring a pen and paper to jot down new stuff, your phone (though keep it silent, like a cinema)...hopefully, you get the idea.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

chabooski

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2016, 06:39:02 pm »
Hi there!

On the enrolment page of WES there is a section for adding majors and extended majors etc - just wondering if, as a first year, I need to complete it? I thought we chose majors in second year, should I be deciding now? Can I enrol without filling in that section?

Darth_Pepe

« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »
Hi.. i chose my units for arts.. and i havent quite filled it in for the timetables.. but i would like to swap a unit.. do i do it through wes? cos its currently down.. or is there another way?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »
Hi.. i chose my units for arts.. and i havent quite filled it in for the timetables.. but i would like to swap a unit.. do i do it through wes? cos its currently down.. or is there another way?

You will modify your units via WES when it un-crashes. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Darth_Pepe

« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2016, 07:36:49 pm »
You will modify your units via WES when it un-crashes. :)

Awesomeee. i got a couple of history units (revolutions?) + international studies (comteporary world) + criminology.. but im unsure about my 4th pick.. human rights.. im weighing up.. can i do more history units? i just wanna major in criminology.. anyway this wednesday imma talk to the course coordinatior cos this stuff seems complicated at first haha  :o

cooldude123

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2016, 08:07:53 pm »
Hi there,

If we're unable to attend the enrolment information session (for MBBS), do we need to call up or email to say we can't come?
Thanks in advance.
VCE Class of 2015

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2016, 08:11:25 pm »
+2
Hi there,

If we're unable to attend the enrolment information session (for MBBS), do we need to call up or email to say we can't come?
Thanks in advance.

Haha knew that comm/law story was full of holes, congrats mate haha :P I think you should definitely let them know (email is best as it's good to have things in writing but if they don't respond then call them), but from memory it's no biggie! You should be able to enroll anyway :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:13:56 pm by pi »

cooldude123

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2016, 08:54:54 pm »
I think you should definitely let them know (email is best as it's good to have things in writing but if they don't respond then call them), but from memory it's no biggie! You should be able to enroll anyway :)
cheers pi :)
VCE Class of 2015

scarletmoon

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2016, 09:45:56 pm »
Do I have to put in my units before the 29th?
2016-2019 Bachelor of Science @ UoM

Darth_Pepe

« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2016, 08:17:14 am »
Hi a few questions:

1) Apparently i have to be at Monash tommorow in building K i think? at 12pm. The page said that is where i get my id, however, the page in which this was advertised was lost while i was applying. Is there anywhere where i can confirm this? My course is Bachelor of Arts (Caulfield)

2) How long do i have till i put in my final arts unit? I am enrolled in 3 at the moment.

3) Where can i re-apply for the Monash UniStart Bursary?

Thanks in advance  :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2016, 08:41:10 am »
Hi Monash,

Do I need to apply to graduate?

I have now completed my Dean's Scholars Arts Program; however, I am completing Arts Honours this year. I assumed not but the emails are moderately concerning. I would prefer to graduate after my Honours year.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:30:43 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

shivaji

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2016, 08:49:17 am »
Hi,
For MBBS, is there just the two units we have to enrol for? Also, since I got the bonded program, just wondering is there a statement or some agreement we have to sign?

DeezNuts

• Trendsetter
  • 'where must we go, we who wander the wasteland'
  • Respect: +6
  • School: Tha Streetz
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2016, 02:24:00 pm »
Hi Monash,

Is it possible to double major in science (even if your in a double degree e.g. science/arts) by extending the duration of the degree?

thanks!
Literature (47) ~ Psych (43) ~ Bio (42)
Tutoring available, just PM me if interested :)
[Limited spots remaining]

'We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.'

Floatzel98

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »
+1
Hi a few questions:

1) Apparently i have to be at Monash tommorow in building K i think? at 12pm. The page said that is where i get my id, however, the page in which this was advertised was lost while i was applying. Is there anywhere where i can confirm this? My course is Bachelor of Arts (Caulfield)

2) How long do i have till i put in my final arts unit? I am enrolled in 3 at the moment.

3) Where can i re-apply for the Monash UniStart Bursary?

Thanks in advance  :)
1) I'm pretty sure you can access that page again by accessing the email that VTAC/Monash sent you or by logging onto VTAC and viewing your offer there. Take the link to the Monash Get Started page and enter your VTAC ID and your DOB and all that information should be available. Don't know if there is any other place you can access it though.

EDIT: Or I could just link the page :P https://www.monash.edu/get-started
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:44:17 pm by Floatzel98 »
2016 - 2019: Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) [Physics and Mathematics] @ Monash University