Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:42:21 am

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 341330 times)  Share 

syubi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #825 on: January 23, 2018, 10:39:14 pm »
Hi, I'll be doing a bachelor of commerce/science this year and possibly looking to major in behavioural commerce and psychology. Some of the units required for the behavioural commerce major overlaps with the units required for psych, so if I take those units would they count towards the credit needed for the bachelor of commerce or science? And for the majors? Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing. Thanks in advance!

timothys

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: Maffra Secondary College
« Reply #826 on: January 26, 2018, 09:56:01 am »
Hi Monash
• Just wondering if there are subject bonuses that help with eligibility into the Bachelor of Biomedical Science course? Also if there are bonuses, is the maximum 8 bonus points? Thanks

K_Cotterrell

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #827 on: January 26, 2018, 09:28:04 pm »
Hi Monash,

Just wondering if SCI1020- introduction to statistical reasoning fulfils the Bachelor of Science, or whether STA1010 is also required?

I scored a 30 in methods last year, so just wondering what my best option is.

Kiara

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #828 on: January 26, 2018, 09:41:57 pm »
Hi Monash,

Just wondering if SCI1020- introduction to statistical reasoning fulfils the Bachelor of Science, or whether STA1010 is also required?

I scored a 30 in methods last year, so just wondering what my best option is.

Kiara
To be honest, the Bachelor of Science requires that you must do at least ONE math/ stats unit. If you got a 30 in Methods, either of those is possible (aka, you don't HAVE TO do both if you don't want to). You could also consider MTH1020. Depends on what you're intending to major/ minor in and whether you're intending to do this as a sequence or not. Remember you must also complete TWO Level 1 sequences, which can be math/ stats or not, if you wish.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #829 on: January 30, 2018, 04:44:26 pm »
Hi thelocat,

A pathway into the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) is to study at least one year of full time University study and achieve an average grade of at least 70+ (distinction). Non-year 12 school leavers will be assessed on their eligibility based on their entire academic record and interview performance. Course prerequisites must also be satisfied.

You can read more about the non-school leaver admission requirements through the following link: https://www.monash.edu/medicine/spahc/physio/prospective-students/pathways-into-physiotherapy.

Moreover, transfers are not possible. All applicants must apply through VTAC. We cannot provide you with the exact numbers of offers we issue each year, although according to the VTAC round 1 statistics for 2018, a total of 103 offers were made, 64 which were from recent secondary school graduates.

I hope this helps.

Hi Monash U!

Just wanted to ask - what is the WAM or result standard you need to maintain to transfer into a course like Physiotherapy? Is this standard difficult to maintain? And also how many spots are there available for transfer?

Thanks in advance!
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #830 on: January 30, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »

Hi ZAZ,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study at Monash University!

Further to your enquiry, it will be possible for you to complete a minimum of 5 of the required units from the Faculty of Science to satisfy the requirements for consideration into our graduate-entry Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor (MD) course, whilst also completing an Immunology major in Science.

IMM2011, IMM2022 will satisfy two of the 5 unit requirements. You will have enough room in your course map to satisfy the other 3 unit requirements for consideration into our graduate-entry MD course.

Should you have any questions, you are encouraged to speak with a course advisor. Contact details available at: https://www.monash.edu/science/about/contact.

Hi Monash,
I got offered the Arts/Science double degree, and have a question about the science part.

I would like to complete a major in immunology or pathology, however after taken into account of the compulsary math unit and the SCI2010 as well as DEV2011, DEV2022, BCH2011, PHY2011(and PHY2032/PHY2042)(I got these subjects from the gemsat med prerequisite checker), there are not enough space for me to do neither of the majors.

Looking forward to hear your response,thanks in advance.
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #831 on: January 30, 2018, 04:46:28 pm »
Hi Hubhub,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study at Monash University!

The minimum requirements to be considered for a place in our graduate-entry Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) is available at: https://www.monash.edu/medicine/som/grad-entry/2017-entry. You must complete at least 5 of the 12 units listed within the Bachelor of Science to be eligible for a place in the MD.

Please contact the University of Melbourne for their list of acceptable Monash units to meet their MD requirements.

Should you have any questions, you are encouraged to speak with a course advisor (https://www.monash.edu/people/contact).

Hi Guys,

Based on your experiences, what electives do you think would be most beneficial if you were trying to get into Post-Grad Med either at Monash or Melbourne? I've been having such a hard time picking electives and don't know for certain which ones I NEED to do to complete the Gamsat or which ones I can actually do as an undergrad (so many require prerequisites ). Thank you so much!

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #832 on: January 30, 2018, 04:47:19 pm »
Hi Yogabagaba,

Congratulations on your offer at RMIT!

If there are places available for Round 2 in the Monash course you are interested in and you satisfy all the admission requirements, you may be considered for a place. Ensure you order your VTAC preference list in order of course preference so that we can consider you.

If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a place in a later VTAC round, there are still alternative pathways into your Monash course of interest which could include using the results from your entire academic record (Year 12 and RMIT results). For specific requirements, please contact us directly (https://www.monash.edu/people/contact).

Hi....
I have just graduated school and as you know offers came out yesterday. I got my offer at RMIT which was my third preference. I want my first preference, I have all the prerequisites but I am 0.05 off from the clearly-inn ATAR. Will I get it in my second round? And yea it is a Monash course

Plzz let me know

DailyInsanity

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
  • School: Northcote HIgh School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #833 on: January 31, 2018, 12:02:02 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know when scholarship payments come through - is it before the 16th of Feb when the payment for SEM 1 units is due?

Many Thanks!

thelolcat

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #834 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:42 pm »
Hi thelocat,

A pathway into the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) is to study at least one year of full time University study and achieve an average grade of at least 70+ (distinction). Non-year 12 school leavers will be assessed on their eligibility based on their entire academic record and interview performance. Course prerequisites must also be satisfied.

You can read more about the non-school leaver admission requirements through the following link: https://www.monash.edu/medicine/spahc/physio/prospective-students/pathways-into-physiotherapy.

Moreover, transfers are not possible. All applicants must apply through VTAC. We cannot provide you with the exact numbers of offers we issue each year, although according to the VTAC round 1 statistics for 2018, a total of 103 offers were made, 64 which were from recent secondary school graduates.

I hope this helps.

Ok thanks, and I just wanted to make sure that transfers into Monash Physio is possible from other unis right?

And also wanted to ask whether Monash has some special consideration for transfers for its own students rather than students from other unis?

Cheers?

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #835 on: February 03, 2018, 09:10:15 pm »
Ok thanks, and I just wanted to make sure that transfers into Monash Physio is possible from other unis right?

And also wanted to ask whether Monash has some special consideration for transfers for its own students rather than students from other unis?

Cheers?
Entry into Physiotherapy at Monash is not by transfer, but via application through VTAC. As such, if you have completed a year of tertiary study, you will apply as a non-year 12 school leaver. It won't matter where you completed your tertiary studies, but you will have to meet the requirements of the course.

Since the process is done through VTAC, I highly doubt that Monash would preference current Monash students.
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

thelolcat

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #836 on: February 03, 2018, 09:16:29 pm »
Entry into Physiotherapy at Monash is not by transfer, but via application through VTAC. As such, if you have completed a year of tertiary study, you will apply as a non-year 12 school leaver. It won't matter where you completed your tertiary studies, but you will have to meet the requirements of the course.

Since the process is done through VTAC, I highly doubt that Monash would preference current Monash students.

Oh ok I see, thanks!

Infinitex

• Adventurer
« Reply #837 on: February 05, 2018, 08:03:49 pm »
Hi, I received the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for Excellence after the ATAR score release and accepted it via the email link and am wondering if there is any need to follow up. And am I still eligible if I enrol for a second round offer? Thank-you

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #838 on: February 07, 2018, 06:26:52 pm »
Thank you, AngelWings.
Kiara, further to the advice from AngelWings, as you are a current Bachelor of Science student, we would highly encourage you to contact Science Student Services directly for advice regarding the the specific mathematics unit you should study based on your circumstance. Their contact details can be found at: http://www.monash.edu/science/current-students/help-and-support.

To be honest, the Bachelor of Science requires that you must do at least ONE math/ stats unit. If you got a 30 in Methods, either of those is possible (aka, you don't HAVE TO do both if you don't want to). You could also consider MTH1020. Depends on what you're intending to major/ minor in and whether you're intending to do this as a sequence or not. Remember you must also complete TWO Level 1 sequences, which can be math/ stats or not, if you wish.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #839 on: February 07, 2018, 06:28:07 pm »
Hi timothys,

Based on the 2018 intake requirements, there were no subject bonus awarded for entry into the Bachelor of Biomedical Science. Unfortunately , we currently do not have any information regarding subject bonuses for future intakes.

Hi Monash
• Just wondering if there are subject bonuses that help with eligibility into the Bachelor of Biomedical Science course? Also if there are bonuses, is the maximum 8 bonus points? Thanks