Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:25:54 pm

Author Topic: can i pass methods 1/2  (Read 499 times)  Share 

mista

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
can i pass methods 1/2
« on: November 03, 2018, 05:43:08 pm »
im sorry for adding to probably what are countless of these topics, but if you're willing to hear out my situation any advice is much appreciated

basically this thurs i got my methods 1/2 exam, and i need to a  'significantly improved' mark in order to even do methods 3/4 next year. across my sacs, i've averaged under 50 so i dont even know how getting over a 50 on this exam is possible. i'm really in conflict whether to just give up or try only to be disappointed. yes methods is a prereq for stuff i wanna do, so i realise it is important i try - but is it even possible? the topics i've struggled on this semester btw are everything but logarithms & exponential functions in which i got 78% on the sac. every other sac has been under 40 though lol. ciruclar functions, differentiation, etc all go over my head. while they didn't exactly specify how much i needed in order to do methods next year, i'm figuring at least over 60, probably 70%+ on the exam to be safe. any advice on this situation? any advice appreciated,

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: can i pass methods 1/2
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:03:45 pm »
im sorry for adding to probably what are countless of these topics, but if you're willing to hear out my situation any advice is much appreciated
It's okay. This is why the forum exists. New students come in all the time and each situation turns out a little different each time.

i'm really in conflict whether to just give up or try only to be disappointed. yes methods is a prereq for stuff i wanna do, so i realise it is important i try - but is it even possible?
I'm not one who likes to give up so quickly, so my immediate answer is typically "no, don't give up now." But it depends on what you think here, not me. You have to ask yourself:
1. What is it that you want to do beyond VCE?
2. Why do you want this so bad?
These should be the driving forces of your determination towards this. And while it is possible, I won't sugarcoat this answer: it'll be hard. It's extremely difficult to make a change in such a short period of time. But it is possible and you have to be the one to make this happen.

the topics i've struggled on this semester btw are everything but logarithms & exponential functions in which i got 78% on the sac. every other sac has been under 40 though lol. ciruclar functions, differentiation, etc all go over my head.
I'm not the best at giving Methods advice, so please wait until someone else gives a better answer. But my advice would be to pinpoint the specific areas that you're having the most trouble with and try to work on those. That could be by asking questions on the forums or by redoing exercises - whatever works best for you. For example, do you know how you got questions wrong in your previous SACs? Why and what's the right answer? Try redoing some of those questions first and see what needs the most help there. If it's because you don't understand. for example, how to differentiate, then relearn that skill. I know that's not that helpful, especially given the time limit, but that's the only advice I have here.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread