Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:08:41 am

Author Topic: English Standard July Lectures 2019  (Read 1181 times)  Share 

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
English Standard July Lectures 2019
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:25:14 pm »
+7
Hey, everyone!

Hope you had a great time and learnt something valuable from this lecture. This thread is for any burning questions left unanswered or unaddressed from the lecture itself that you would like me to go more in depth into. Anything from "Angelina, could you clarify what you meant by this?" or "Hey! Could you elaborate further on this?" is acceptable! Get your questions in and I will aim to respond to them to the best of my ability and knowledge 8)

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D

[small post update: I'm currently on Music Ed camp and will return with answers on Monday!]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:42:43 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

dufflebagman

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: English Standard July Lectures 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:18:55 pm »
It might be a dumb question but i don't know how to go about answering questions where they ask "Explain how this passage explores the complexity of relationships". I understand what a paradox is but when i encounter this question i don't know how to begin to answer it. any help would be greatly appreciate 😂🤦‍♂️

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
+5
It might be a dumb question but i don't know how to go about answering questions where they ask "Explain how this passage explores the complexity of relationships". I understand what a paradox is but when i encounter this question i don't know how to begin to answer it. any help would be greatly appreciate 😂🤦‍♂️

Hey, dufflebagman!

Sorry for the delayed response but more than happy to help! I don't believe in dumb questions; any question is a valid one and I'm always keen to provide answers  :)

Let's deconstruct that question. It's essentially asking you to identify some kind of anomaly, paradox or inconsistency in the human experience that has been represented in the text. I would highlight how the passage presents multiple perspectives or ideas about relationships that are worth valuing because they illustrate how our human experiences are intricate and possess richness in meaning. If there's a paradox in the passage, I would identify it, quote it as evidence and analyse how it shows some kind of contradiction or complication to how we understand human experiences and relationships. I hope that makes sense and helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

kaiadam20

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 07:22:32 pm »
Hi, I was wondering where we can find the slides you used in the lecture

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 07:37:39 pm »
+1
Hi, I was wondering where we can find the slides you used in the lecture

Hey, kaiadam20!

Welcome to the forums  ;D The slides are currently being compiled and will be sent out to your emails some time this week (hopefully by Thursday)! I'll also post an access link in this thread once they are out  8)

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-