Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:04 pm

Author Topic: EBSS SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM HELP!!!!  (Read 18242 times)  Share 

bl283

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: EBSS SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM HELP!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 06:46:44 pm »
Do go to tuition for those selective school exams?

No i don't (i did attend james an, north shore & Qs school in the previous years but i find that it doesn't help)

Do you?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 06:50:09 pm »
No i don't (i did attend james an, north shore & Qs school in the previous years but i find that it doesn't help)

Do you?
Nope they don't help at all, they are just there to make money. Legit some people don't go tutoring at all and self study the whole time, yet they still get into a selective school.

Also selective school tutoring could cost $1000 or above, it's way too expensive. I rather save up that money for a private school.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:32:57 pm by Calebark »

bl283

• Trailblazer
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 06:54:54 pm »
Nope they don't help at all, they are just there to make money. Legit some people don't go tutoring at all and self study the whole time, yet they still get into a selective school.

I started going to tutor since i was 5 and i guess it did made me 'smarter' than the rest of my peers AT THAT TIME. But i entered high school and tutor doesn't become an advantage for me anymore.

Also selective school tutoring could cost $1000 or above, it's way too expensive. I rather save up that money for a private school.

Especially for those selective school tutoring who says "guaranteed entry into _____" they're just ripping off money :/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:32:31 pm by Calebark »

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:39 pm »
I started going to tutor since i was 5 and i guess it did made me 'smarter' than the rest of my peers AT THAT TIME. But i entered high school and tutor doesn't become an advantage for me anymore.
Yeah tutor at a younger year does give advantages, but tutor at an older year well not really anymore. I went tutor and back then I knew more then my peers AT THAT TIME. However now I went tutor and my peers still do better than me.

Tutor is more beneficial to younger year levels, when we are at this year level its not too useful. Yeah definitely rip off, those tutors are just preparing you, but the true person doing the test is you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:32:12 pm by Calebark »

bl283

• Trailblazer
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2019, 07:03:28 pm »
Tutor is more beneficial to younger year levels, when we are at this year level its not too useful. Yeah definitely rip off, those tutors are just preparing you, but the true person doing the test is you.

Tutor at our year level is useful if you are falling behind in class and would like some extra help i guess.

How have you been preparing for EBS this week? I keep procrastinating lol  :'( :'(

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2019, 12:48:27 am »
Tutor at our year level is useful if you are falling behind in class and would like some extra help i guess.

How have you been preparing for EBS this week? I keep procrastinating lol  :'( :'(
I kinda have been busy with something else, yeah I do that a lot. Don't worry Ebs should be the easiest school you encounter.

I am kinda an average student, so I am not falling behind. But if you are then I suggest looking at why you are behind and remove the problem.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:08:17 am by Calebark »

bl283

• Trailblazer
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2019, 08:06:40 pm »
I kinda have been busy with something else, yeah I do that a lot. Don't worry Ebs should be the easiest school you encounter.

I am kinda an average student, so I am not falling behind. But if you are then I suggest looking at why you are behind and remove the problem.

We gotta start studying, 15 days to go :| ..... true but i wouldn't want to miss the chance of getting in  ;)

Oh i'm not falling behind either  :)

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2019, 08:14:01 pm »
+4
Hey all,

As Sine said, we need to refrain from posting in quick succession after ourselves — like double, triple, or quadruple posting. Rather than posting right after your own post, even if it's to another person, click the modify button, as shown in the top right of your post.

Not only does it make the thread easier to read, but users can more easily find posts relevant to themselves on the right of the page, which shows the ten most recent posts.

You're more than welcome to use the forums — we really encourage it! But you need to try and keep the forums neat, and thus accessible, to everyone else :)
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2019, 08:37:54 am »
So guys how did Ebss exam go?

Manish10

• Trailblazer
  • JMSS
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2019, 10:25:55 am »
For Ebs around 150 ppl sat the exam and it is estimated around 80 will get in cause last year they only had 75 accepted.
And don't worry abt uni high guys cause only max of 5% is accepted from every school, so around 40 of them applied so not many will get in.
And how did u guys go?
 i kinda found maths and science hard :( 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2019, 09:35:31 pm »
For Ebs around 150 ppl sat the exam and it is estimated around 80 will get in cause last year they only had 75 accepted.
And don't worry abt uni high guys cause only max of 5% is accepted from every school, so around 40 of them applied so not many will get in.
And how did u guys go?
 i kinda found maths and science hard :(
There are no 5% rule at EBSS and also we asked the teacher there and she said 130 sat the exam, so we are lucky and many did not turn up either.

Well as for me, math was kinda easy. Science was hard and reading was hard as hell. The essay was alright for me.

Mod edit: merged double post. Please see message above. --Calebark
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:18:38 pm by Calebark »

Yians014

• Trailblazer
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2019, 10:46:59 pm »
I screwed up maths big time, did okay in science, and I think I did not bad in all the English parts.

Does anyone know when results will be sent to us?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2019, 09:53:53 pm »
I screwed up maths big time, did okay in science, and I think I did not bad in all the English parts.

Does anyone know when results will be sent to us?
9/8/2019 is when our results are coming out and I did guess a lot so I understand your point.

Yians014

• Trailblazer
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2019, 10:58:15 pm »
9/8/2019 is when our results are coming out and I did guess a lot so I understand your point.

Thanks.
All the best with your application!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2019, 01:35:56 pm »
Thanks.
All the best with your application!
Thank you very much.