Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:15 pm

Author Topic: JMSS 2022 Entry  (Read 110155 times)  Share 

I_Smart_101

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2022 Entry
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2021, 11:29:23 am »
Hey I was just wondering what the questions on the science reasoning test will be like? And what sort of things should I do to prepare for the science reasoning?
sorry for the inconvenience and thanks ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:37:24 pm by I_Smart_101 »

1dal1a

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2021, 01:20:05 am »
Hello, I was just wondering (if we pass the exam and get an interview) how much of an effect school reports and special awards will have on the result?

My school report last year isn't the best because I didn't cope well during the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you think they might make an exception for that?

wassupmyg

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2021, 08:21:01 pm »
Hey I was just wondering what the questions on the science reasoning test will be like? And what sort of things should I do to prepare for the science reasoning?
sorry for the inconvenience and thanks ;D
You can't really prepare for the science reasoning questions as they are reasoning and it is related to how you interpret graphs and diagrams more than general knowledge. If you really wanted to, you could go through the year 9 science content but if you're doing well in science right now then there is no need.

wassupmyg

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2021, 08:25:21 pm »
Hello, I was just wondering (if we pass the exam and get an interview) how much of an effect school reports and special awards will have on the result?

My school report last year isn't the best because I didn't cope well during the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you think they might make an exception for that?
Don't worry about your school reports from last year and focus on making this years reports as good as you can. I had terrible grades in year 8 cause of annoying teachers. In year 9, i got my stuff together and tried as hard as I could. Ended up doing pretty well. I also didn't have many awards or extracurriculars and I somehow ended up getting in.

I_Smart_101

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2021, 11:51:27 am »
You can't really prepare for the science reasoning questions as they are reasoning and it is related to how you interpret graphs and diagrams more than general knowledge. If you really wanted to, you could go through the year 9 science content but if you're doing well in science right now then there is no need.

ok thx :)

sim1617

• Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2021, 02:51:35 pm »
hi everyone, i believe that i have sufficiently practiced for the mathematics part of the exam, but I'm struggling on what to study for the science. I think studying for the science reasoning is almost impossible as its quite a lot of knowledge. Is there any advise on what I should do. I tried finding some icas but couldn't really find many! should I go through a whole science textbook or something?
Thanks   :)

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2021, 05:00:27 pm »
hi everyone, i believe that i have sufficiently practiced for the mathematics part of the exam, but I'm struggling on what to study for the science. I think studying for the science reasoning is almost impossible as its quite a lot of knowledge. Is there any advise on what I should do. I tried finding some icas but couldn't really find many! should I go through a whole science textbook or something?
Thanks   :)

im actually having the same trouble, but I did go through the entire year 8 textbook. I quit when I started my year 9 textbook bcoz it got kinda repetitive aha. So im only doing chapters like sound, light, energy and bio related stuff (so i guess physics and bio??)
Im not sure if what im doing will help but i thought id share haha. sorry if i didnt help tho. :)

But do you mind giving tips for the maths? I'm getting kinda lost these days.

sim1617

• Adventurer
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2021, 05:22:00 pm »
Thank you for this! I just went through my maths text book from this year, and I also went through quadratics! There are lots of lists on which particular stuff you should study :)

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2021, 10:47:57 am »
Thank you for this! I just went through my maths text book from this year, and I also went through quadratics! There are lots of lists on which particular stuff you should study :)

Thank you! I guess I struggle with time aha. good luck tho ;)

EggBoiRules

• Adventurer
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2021, 10:31:22 pm »
+1

They definitely will make an exception, remember you have your interview before they look at your report cards, and judging by the way my 2020 report card looked (I failed 1 science tests and 2 maths tests) they value the interview more.
Awards are important, but dont higlight it if you dont have any. I got my Australian Scout Medalion as well as a few science competition awards, and they help to show that you're a well rounded student who exceeds what they need to do. They like well rounded student. If you need any help just ask or pm me whatever
- egg, current student at JMSS

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2021, 10:24:10 am »
just a question - are the tests strive for excellence provide similar to the real test?

shadow.e.x.e

• Adventurer
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2021, 09:31:04 pm »
Hi! does anyone know how many people sit the year 11 and entry and roughly how many people get in. finally, how many sups does one need to get an interview?

Thank you  ;D

ArtyMarty

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2021, 02:57:52 pm »
Where can I find the year 11 entry atar notes for 2022

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2021, 08:47:37 am »
Hi! does anyone know how many people sit the year 11 and entry and roughly how many people get in. finally, how many sups does one need to get an interview?

Thank you  ;D
It is dependent on the school you attend, but roughly 2000-ish students sit the test and around 200-250 get in. The rule of thumb is you need to get an interview in order to get in. Normally you should try to aim for 2-3 superiors just to be safe for an interview.

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2021, 01:00:30 pm »
so the 3% cap? Does it apply for after the interviews or before?

cause there are rlly smart ppl in my school