Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:38:29 pm

Author Topic: How many outcomes/SACs can you risk failing in unit 1 and 2?  (Read 1591 times)  Share 

pm_me_ur_eggs

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How many outcomes/SACs can you risk failing in unit 1 and 2?
« on: April 19, 2019, 09:57:11 pm »
I have extreme, unbearable anxiety for the upcoming oral presentation SAC and I cannot focus on actually writing it, so I've decided to just fail it and achieve decent marks for the rest of year. What would this affect, and would it be passable next year?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: How many outcomes/SACs can you risk failing in unit 1 and 2?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 09:59:18 pm »
+1
Policy is set at the school level, so i'd be asking somebody there who can answer this as it will vary for all.

Realistically if you fail a SAC or get below a satisfactory mark, then you should be given an opportunity to redeem provided you attempted it reasonably. You should be given an S if you demonstrate all outcomes, regardless of the %/mark (obviously something that is very low - we would question whether a satisfactory demonstration of the outcome is present).

Overall, as long as you satisfy the VCE requirements, you'll be sweet. But for U1&2 control is at the school level rather than VCAA/state-wide.

To achieve your VCE you must successfully complete 16 units including:• three units from the English group, two of which must be a Unit 3 and 4 sequence• at least three additional Unit 3 and 4 sequences

Just another thing.. I don't think anybody enjoys getting up infront of a group of their peers to present something. Obviously an ability to communicate in various ways is super important so if you have a medically diagnosed case of anxiety then I have seen (in the schools i've taught at), an ability to cater (e.g. a lunchtime session with 3 of your chosen friends / peers - i've seen this happen once). Speak to your teacher.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:03:31 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile