Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:51:11 am

Author Topic: Both English Language and Literature?  (Read 887 times)  Share 

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
Both English Language and Literature?
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:26:08 am »
Hi! I'm a Year 10 thinking about subject selections and I have a passion in English and though I average B+'s to A's, I am really passionate about improving my essay writing. I think I can do both subjects well, but I was wondering if it's wise to do both Language and Literature or just do one with English?

Thanks guys!
-Potato
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Both English Language and Literature?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:35:22 am »
Hi! I'm a Year 10 thinking about subject selections and I have a passion in English and though I average B+'s to A's, I am really passionate about improving my essay writing. I think I can do both subjects well, but I was wondering if it's wise to do both Language and Literature or just do one with English?

Thanks guys!
-Potato
Inherently there really is no problem doing two different english subjects. Also I wouldnt take year 10 grades too much into account once people get to yr 12 they usually work a lot differently - if you are focussed on inproving you can definitely get better.

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
Re: Both English Language and Literature?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:47:34 am »
Inherently there really is no problem doing two different english subjects. Also I wouldnt take year 10 grades too much into account once people get to yr 12 they usually work a lot differently - if you are focussed on inproving you can definitely get better.

Thank you so much for replying... that advice is really helpful  ;D
-Potato
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips