Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:47:07 pm

Author Topic: Getting through VCE with Pep- a mediocre journey  (Read 3440 times)

Peppie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +14
Re: Getting through VCE with Pep- a mediocre journey
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 10:44:54 pm »
+3
And on that note...
General thoughts ★
Honestly I know people are super against online classes- but personally I really want it to happen solely because school doesn't really feel like a safe place anymore. Of course I prefer face-to-face classes- but I'd rather have some interference in learning than to have to social distance in class to the point where it would be no different if we just had online class? Also it's finally starting to hit me that schools over in a few months- I wish I could say it's bittersweet but honestly?? I'm so sorry but I'm really not going to miss this AT ALL. Maybe it's just because I've been at my current school for too long and I'm just sick of seeing the campus every single year over and over again.

Business Management
I literally LOVE the new teacher. Like I really underestimated how a good teacher can change my view on a subject-- I've literally done so many practice exam questions and it's only been like 3 weeks since he started!! I want to do well on the next SAC so I guess my aim is to finish revising all the AOS1 content on Sunday?

Biology
Okay- unit 3 was a flop but that's fine! I'm really sorry if you were hoping to read a journal that belonged to someone who was aiming for a super high ATAR but really it's just an average/moderate/middle child journal that's really just there to remind myself I actually need to do things to even PASS vce at this point :"D Had a test a couple days ago- honestly? I probably didn't do all that well ( it's not counted anyway so whatever ) but I'm doing better than  I was doing last term with the whole shambles of face-to-face class then to online class and then back to face-to-face class. (like pick a struggle smh). I'll probably just go through what we went in class again to properly revise because I'm finding myself seriously slacking from all of this.

Methods
Ah. Methods. My only regret this year is picking you. What a struggle?? How do you even get better at something you hate so much. Sigh. Okay but real talk- I have an upcoming SAC and it's really stressing so I'm gonna get on the grind and redo everything that is supposedly in the SAC. All I can say is pray for me because I need anything I can get LMAO
English
We did the persuasive SAC! Honestly I would have much rather preferred the oral where I could edit and go through it to perfect it. But whatever. I think I missed a point in there but only time will tell!! Now I'll have to wrap my head around ransom and The Queen to make sure it's not a flunk like women of troy LMAO

Chinese SL
yea. that's all i can say. yeah.
probably continue to memorise GC and DS and write SO MANY ESSAYS until my head explodes.

And a little addition this update:
★Where Pep keeps changing their decision on what uni course they want to do!★
On this week: Architecture!
I just had a long talk with my parents on what to do, and I guess now I'm aiming for architecture?? I'm mostly aiming for monash because I really like their campus- but I should probably look at how the courses are for different unis... (I'm shallow and not that proud of it,, I'm trying my best to change I promise) We figured because engineering requires physics and so much more math (like of course architecure requires math,, but it's not as complicated right...?) It would be a good thing to look at! It's also funny because I specifically remember in year 4 I told them I would become an architect after reading a math question about one? Maybe it's just my nostalgia pushing me to become one more than anything. It'd also be why if I became a vet too so it's probably better to start thinking with my head instead of what my heart feels about nostalgia.
But we'll see, because my indecisiveness kicks in just about every other day and then I'll probably be talking about something else the next week
It's a horrible habit that I need to break, like really

Anyways, hope everyone is staying safe especially since we had 700 cases in Victoria today!!

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 10:51:57 pm »
+4
And on that note...
General thoughts ★
 I'm really sorry if you were hoping to read a journal that belonged to someone who was aiming for a super high ATAR but really it's just an average/moderate/middle child journal that's really just there to remind myself I actually need to do things to even PASS vce at this point :"D l

This is me I’m like a ~mid~ range person maybe even a low.... Everyone on here is such high achievers, it’s so easy to feel out of place.  But you belong here because you work so hard just like everyone else I think you fit right in :)

Idk how to quote more stuff but it’s good to hear your coming back from unit 3!!!!!! Your gonna acheive your goals (whatever they may be next week haha)
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 06:13:40 pm »
+2
On this week: Architecture!
I just had a long talk with my parents on what to do, and I guess now I'm aiming for architecture?? I'm mostly aiming for monash because I really like their campus- but I should probably look at how the courses are for different unis...
I applied for Monash Architecture back in the day and got an interview, then proceeded to never find out the outcome because I got a higher preference. Be sure to check out when the selection task is and when it’s due, as it’s close to exams! (It might not be due to the coronavirus though... but you should at least have a look at it when it comes, so you don’t miss anything crucial!)

Idk how to quote more stuff
You can re-click the quote button more than once and/ or delete the sections don’t want to include in the quote.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

brothanathan

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 08:28:55 pm »
+1
Thank you for the response!! I'm not good with replying :')
Ahhh that honestly eases my stress (only by September?? People were telling me that I should have had it all done by July) ,, I really just want to get a 35 but with my unit 3 scores (haven't gotten them yet but honestly I doubt it's over 70 :/) so I guess I'll have to really pray on my oral
I'll definitely PM you at some point when I'm ready if that's okay!! I'm looking to have memorised everything by next month  but I'm not sure how capable I am because my strategy of memorising is super slow
But thank you so much for the offer  ;D

With memorising what exactly is the strategy your using?
Also, if there's any tough words or idioms in your GC that's making it nightmare to get your head around. Don't worry. It's completely fine to substitute them at first with something more simple so that you can spend your efforts being familiar with the 'essential bits' or the stuff you can use in more than one wording of a question or a broader sense per se. THEN the tough words and idioms.

What I meant by getting it polished by September is: If you can get familiar with the crucial things by Late August, you can spend September adding the sauce (aka the flashy vocab, sayings, culture-appropriate humour etc.) in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:37:45 pm by brothanathan »

Peppie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 10:28:07 am »
This is me I’m like a ~mid~ range person maybe even a low.... Everyone on here is such high achievers, it’s so easy to feel out of place.  But you belong here because you work so hard just like everyone else I think you fit right in :)

Idk how to quote more stuff but it’s good to hear your coming back from unit 3!!!!!! Your gonna acheive your goals (whatever they may be next week haha)

Yeah haha, it's still fun to write up an update- makes me feel like I'm actually doing things within the week  ;D Best of luck to you though!! Honestly you're a much higher achiever than you give yourself credit for
and a late congrats to your UCAT score  :)

I applied for Monash Architecture back in the day and got an interview, then proceeded to never find out the outcome because I got a higher preference. Be sure to check out when the selection task is and when it’s due, as it’s close to exams! (It might not be due to the coronavirus though... but you should at least have a look at it when it comes, so you don’t miss anything crucial!)
 You can re-click the quote button more than once and/ or delete the sections don’t want to include in the quote.

Yeah, I checked the course page and it didn't say anything other than an ATAR requirement? I'm thinking about applying for the RMIT one too but it looks like it's a lot more competitive and far away.. never really gave much thought about the process of applications, just what course we wanted to do haha. Guess everyone learns  ;D

With memorising what exactly is the strategy your using?
Also, if there's any tough words or idioms in your GC that's making it nightmare to get your head around. Don't worry. It's completely fine to substitute them at first with something more simple so that you can spend your efforts being familiar with the 'essential bits' or the stuff you can use in more than one wording of a question or a broader sense per se. THEN the tough words and idioms.

What I meant by getting it polished by September is: If you can get familiar with the crucial things by Late August, you can spend September adding the sauce (aka the flashy vocab, sayings, culture-appropriate humour etc.) in.

I'm really just staring at it/reading it over and over again until it gets into my head. Or saying it out loud. ., , probably not the best strategy but it's really the only one I know.
That sounds pretty ok to me! But doesn't detail study get tested first? I feel like I should be spending more time on DS? Chinese really is a struggle AHAH

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:20 pm »
Yeah, I checked the course page and it didn't say anything other than an ATAR requirement?
Huh. Probably changed since I did it then (back in 2014, so entirely possible). Good to know. Thanks!
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread