Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 05:01:00 pm

Author Topic: Consumer Law: Marketing Innovations  (Read 4920 times)  Share 

CEOSTUD

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Emanuel School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Consumer Law: Marketing Innovations
« on: May 29, 2016, 01:38:24 pm »
Hello Everyone,

For the legal studies students doing consumer law, What is the exact definition for what Marketing Innovations are in Fraud and could you write down some examples of it?

PEACE

CEOStud

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Consumer Law: Marketing Innovations
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »
Hello Everyone,

For the legal studies students doing consumer law, What is the exact definition for what Marketing Innovations are in Fraud and could you write down some examples of it?

PEACE

CEOStud

Hey CEOStud! Welcome to the forums! None of the Legal Studies mods did Consumer Law (I'd been hoping someone who did would come by and answer for you), however I have done some extra reading on this subject.

My understanding is that marketing innovations is a pretty broad term, encompassing the variety of sociocultural and technological changes to the marketing techniques used by businesses today (EG - increased reliance on social media campaigns, electronic transactions, etc). These innovations offer new avenues for businesses to commit fraud, that is, deliberately misrepresenting information for the gain of the business. This could take several forms, including pyramid schemes, fraudulent offers (think the spam emails you get in your Junk folder), phishing (attacks designed to fraudulently obtain email addresses, ID's, passwords, etc). All of this is covered by things like the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW) and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (NSW).

I hoe this helps with your question! Again, I didn't study this option, so take it with a grain of salt  ;D