Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 10:35:18 am

Author Topic: Help with question phrasing!  (Read 858 times)  Share 

ooft

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help with question phrasing!
« on: July 23, 2017, 05:06:06 pm »
In a practice SAC for AoS 4.1: Dispute Resolution Methods, I came across this question:
"Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the methods used by courts and VCAT to resolve civil disputes" (10 marks)
I'm really confused by what it means by "the methods used by courts and VCAT". What 'methods' are they talking about? Would I get marks if  I just talk ed about generic strengths and weaknesses of the two?

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: Help with question phrasing!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 05:48:04 pm »
+2
In a practice SAC for AoS 4.1: Dispute Resolution Methods, I came across this question:
"Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the methods used by courts and VCAT to resolve civil disputes" (10 marks)
I'm really confused by what it means by "the methods used by courts and VCAT". What 'methods' are they talking about? Would I get marks if  I just talk ed about generic strengths and weaknesses of the two?

Hey!

Well by 'methods,' they are referring to systems or techniques. So think mediation, conciliation, arbitration and judicial determination. Personally, I would take a method, say mediation, and evaluate its strengths and weaknesses in relation to both courts and VCAT. You may find that it is more effective in one body than the other.

By referring to generic strengths and weaknesses of each, you would be inadvertently referring to these methods. But examiners want to know that you understand each of them and how they function in each body. Thus, you would get some marks, but not full ones.

Hope this helped :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
Re: Help with question phrasing!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:21:31 pm »
+2

Hang on - premise question: do you know the difference between venues for dispute resolution and methods of dispute resolution?
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!