Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:22:31 pm

Author Topic: Essay structuring for legal studies  (Read 1192 times)  Share 

viralcricstar

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Essay structuring for legal studies
« on: April 25, 2017, 12:20:17 am »
Hello AtarNoters ;). I would like to know what exactly is the format/ how should i structure a discuss question in legal studies. This would help me think more clearly. Thanks :) :) :)

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
Re: Essay structuring for legal studies
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:58:17 pm »
+1
Hello AtarNoters ;). I would like to know what exactly is the format/ how should i structure a discuss question in legal studies. This would help me think more clearly. Thanks :) :) :)

It really depends on the wording of the question. Basically, you want to give a clear opinion, and then 'discuss' reasons and arguments relating to it. Generally, this means picking a few features or ideas relating to the topic and your opinion, and then talk about things you know that are good, bad, efficient, inefficient, etc, relating to each of those features/ideas - kind of like loose semi-paragraphs. And you link that discussion back to your opinion.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!