Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:52 pm

Author Topic: Just a Few Questions!  (Read 7230 times)

FrankieDens

• Adventurer
  • I just want to survive dude BUT we can do this!
  • Respect: 0
Just a Few Questions!
« on: October 09, 2019, 05:14:38 pm »
Hi everyone,  8)

I'm applying for the Biology and Human Biosciences courses in VCE Plus for 2020. I have my school's approval but I still have some general questions and I would love for the AN community to help out!

• How different is the Biology/Human Biosciences course to VCE Biology Units 3 & 4? Is there a minimum score I have to aim for to be 'ready' for these courses?
  • What was the workload like and was it hard to juggle with your VCE subjects?
  • How much support did you get from the professors since you're still doing VCE while doing the enhancement program?
  • Is it hard to maintain a high grade point average in VCE Plus? What were the assessments like?
  • What's the University environment like and how different is it from high school?
  • What were your favourite topics? What were the hardest topics?
  • Finally, do you have any general tips overall?

Now onto the specific questions hehe  ;)
  • I understand that there is a fee of $900 to do VCE Plus for the whole school year. Would this cost be higher for someone who isn't an Australian citizen but is a New Zealand citizen?
    • I'm interested in doing a Bachelor of Biomedicine once I graduate school in a University besides La Trobe. Is the credits that I gain from either the Biology or Human Biosciences courses transferable to that University and is it applicable to the Bachelor's Degree I'm interested in?

Thank you so much!  ;D
2019: Biology [40]
2020: Literature [35], Chemistry [32], Psychology [38],  Methods [32]

“If something is possible, carry on as planned. Even if it isn’t possible, do it anyway.” – Karasuma Tadaomi

jempire

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Just a Few Questions!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 03:59:46 pm »
+2
Hi,
I've done VCE PLUS this year at La Trobe. In regards to the workload I didn't find it to difficult, just make sure your on top of all the lectures and readings for the subject. All of my professores were really understanding and supportive, they granted extensions if assessment due dates clashed with SACS and I even got my La Trobe exam reschedule due to VCE clashes. All the credit points you earn from you extension subject will be carried across no matter which university you go.