Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 05:14:25 pm

Author Topic: OFFERING: VCE BIOLOGY 3/4 TUTORING for 2020  (Read 725 times)  Share 

aishailango

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
OFFERING: VCE BIOLOGY 3/4 TUTORING for 2020
« on: November 15, 2019, 11:24:41 am »
Hi!
My name’s Aisha Ilango and I am offering private tuition and (small) group classes for VCE Biology 3/4 in 2020. I’ll be commencing my fifth year studying Medicine at Monash Uni next year, I graduated from PLC in 2015. I achieved a raw study score of 49 in Biology in 2014 and was the dux of my cohort, and in 2015 I achieved an ATAR of 99.7.

I have had 4 years of teaching Biology 3/4, both privately and with a very reputable tutoring company (Breakthrough Education), and I’ve helped and worked with over 40 students so far. I’m extremely familiar with the VCAA study design and have revised my notes to include all changes to the 2017-2021 outcomes.

My Approach
In our classes I will provide comprehensive and easy to understand notes which include past exam questions and model solutions. I will also provide practice sacs, topic tests and commercial practice exams (TSSM, Neap, STAV, Insight, Lisachem etc). My notes are formatted in a way that is tailored to what an examiner ‘likes to see’.

I understand that Biology is a really content heavy subject, that requires not only a mastery of the core content but also an understanding of scientific and critical thinking. My guidance and assistance will ensure that students not only grasp the many concepts within VCE Biology but also know how to formulate exam answers in a structure that guarantees marks. I’ll adapt my teaching for each individual student as I do understand that everybody learns differently, for more information on what there is to gain from my tutoring I have provided reviews from some of the many students I have helped so far.

Pricing and Location
I will be charging $40/hr for private tutoring, with adjusted prices for group classes.  Upon expression of interest we can discuss this further. During the school year, classes will have to be on either Saturday or Sunday. I am happy to start classes in December or January.

Lessons will take place at the Bulleen Local Library, or at my home, in Bulleen, however at-home tuition can be negotiated also. As a final year medical student I do have lots of contact hours at uni, so my availability during the semester will have to accommodate my timetable, however at the moment I am on holidays and have flexible availability.

For queries, expressions of interest or bookings feel free to contact me on Facebook or via email ([email protected]) or text/call 0432655265

Reviews

"Aisha was a experienced teacher with the flexibility to cater to your learning style. Her deep understanding of the topics along with individual comprehensive notes and allowed me to be more secure and confident in my knowledge and answers during sacs and exams. Under her guidance I not only learned the content, but how to answer questions for maximum marks and the best potential study score.

Furthermore she is incredibly accessible and available to answer questions outside of designated tutor times and assisted in preparations for exams other than curriculum standards, such as dealing with stress and study habits, which helped me to cope with the  VCE workload. I cannot recommend her enough." - MacRobertson Girls High School student

"Having many tutors in the past, Aisha is by far the best. She is understanding and friendly, thus I never felt uncomfortable when approaching her with queries. She is also very well versed with the biology course and made sure I had a broad understanding of biological concepts. Aisha made learning biology interesting and enjoyable, biology was my favourite subject!!!" - MacRobertson Girls High School student

“Aisha was an amazing tutor and super friendly. Unlike other tutors she doesn’t only focus on your grades and just constantly teaching content, she cares about your study habits as well as how you are managing with everything including out of school activities. Through this, I was able to feel more comfortable emailing and asking her for help whenever I needed which allowed me to make the most out of the tuition. She provided resources and knowledge that really helped me to do the best of my ability, as well as teaching in a more understanding way that most teachers are incapable of doing.”
-Presbyterian Ladies’ College Student

“Aisha's teaching strategy allows any student to feel welcomed and cared for. She can swiftly cover the essential material crucial for the exam, and give time for students to ask any individual queries. As a mentor and a friend, Aisha's efforts to help her students in whichever way possible is evident. It is been a pleasure and truly helpful to have her guidance.”
-Scotch student

“Aisha was not only wholly proficient at her subject, but also deeply understood the intricacies of her subject, which made complex ideas manageable and also effortless to grasp. Her work ethic was consistently at a high standard, and always sought to improve our knowledge and understanding of the course. She was dedicated, friendly, and relatable, and clearly recognised what it took to do well in her subject and applied her principles scrupulously to her students.”
-Scotch College Student

“Aisha is an excellent, committed and enthusiastic tutor. She makes complex concepts simple and easy to understand, whilst still being thorough. Her detailed notes and resources are also extremely helpful for exam and sac preparation. She is a friendly, approachable person with a contagious passion towards biology. I would not have enjoyed or scored nearly as well as I did without her help.”
-Genazzano student

“The classes are productive and communicative and by being a past high school student, Aisha has a better understanding of the struggles and stresses of a Yr11/12 which makes it more welcoming. She has been really helpful and patient with going over topics that we don't understand fully and has assisted with my practicals/SACs. Overall, bio tutoring with Aisha has been a fun and constructive year.”
-Haileybury student

“Tutoring with Aisha was very beneficial and greatly improved my results. She had great knowledge of the topics and the course, Aisha is very friendly and approachable, and went above and beyond to help me with any issues I had. Through Aisha’s tutoring, I did much better in the UMAT and was able to do very well in biology throughout the year. Biology tutoring with Aisha was very worthwhile and greatly helped not only my understanding, but my exam technique for the subject. Aisha had great understanding regarding the course and was very knowledgeable about not only the course but also the exact techniques needed to get the marks for each exam. Going through the biology tutoring greatly improved my grades, and was thoroughly beneficial for my end of year exam.”
-Huntingtower student

“Aisha holds substantial knowledge and is competent at explaining concepts, terms as well as providing good moral support. She came organised and optimistic to each class and managed her time well in preparation for the end of year exam. With a range of resources, she provided us with many practice exams to allow us to ensure with have the best chance in getting our desired scores.”
-Genazzano student

“Had Aisha this year for bio 3/4, she made detailed whole course work notes which saved me a heap of time. She will make learning bio fun and engaging as well as going into detailed descriptions of difficult concepts to ensure that you understood. Also she will definitely make sure that you are well prepared for SACs and the final year exam. Super recommend her if you're thinking that you need extra help to get that great study score!”
-Genazzano student

“Aisha was amazing throughout the entire year. Her depth and understanding of the subject was very good, and her notes were very comprehensive and easy to understand”.
-LCCC Student

“The tutoring that was led by Aisha Ilango, was very helpful in the fact that she recently graduated and attained a raw score of 49 in Biology. She was very engaging and helped students outside of class time. I find her useful in the fact that she was able to provide useful hints, to help us achieve the best score we can get. I found that the early preparations for exams had helped me significantly and made me feel prepared during exam times. Overall, great tutor who is engaging and resourceful.”
-Brentwood Secondary College student
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:07:42 pm by aishailango »