Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:24:08 pm

Author Topic: 2017 SDD Exam Discussion Thread  (Read 1960 times)

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
2017 SDD Exam Discussion Thread
« on: October 31, 2017, 05:42:51 pm »
Hey, AN. Congrats on another exam done! How did you all find the SDD exam this year? Was it good, bad, or ugly? Specifically, how did you find the algorithms this year? Were they what you expected?

For me, this year was one of the most fascinating and interesting exams. The Robo code threw me off because of how ambiguous the Robo language was. Some of the multiple choice questions were pretty difficult (since a couple of the answers could technically be correct), but definitely doable.

If you would like to partake in this discussion, register for an account and then click here to discuss about the exam!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:11:34 pm by Opengangs »

gawdn

• Adventurer
  • School: Girraween High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: 2017 SDD Exam Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:04:48 pm »
Seemed a lot more ... difficult (or at least more difficult to comprehend) than previous years. The questions were a tad too vague for my taste.

Abhi

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:28:29 pm »
I thought it was alright, probably got 2/4 and 3/5 for the algorithms though, with some mistakes across the board. Option topic was interesting, it was easier than i thought but i definetely lost at least 5 marks there.

Thoughts on band 5 cutoff?

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:38:19 pm »
Seemed a lot more ... difficult (or at least more difficult to comprehend) than previous years. The questions were a tad too vague for my taste.
Haha, I concur. Some of the questions were very ambiguous, may have lost a few marks, but hopefully not.

I thought it was alright, probably got 2/4 and 3/5 for the algorithms though, with some mistakes across the board. Option topic was interesting, it was easier than i thought but i definetely lost at least 5 marks there.

Thoughts on band 5 cutoff?

Ouch, seems like algorithms are everyone's worst nightmare huh?
Band 5 cut off may probably be ~76 raw

Pdidy

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 05:38:40 pm »
I was pretty happy with how the exam turned out. There were a couple multis that threw me, but everything else wasnt too bad. What do we think the band 6 cut off will be?