Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:14:05 pm

Author Topic: What's the best textbook for general maths?  (Read 1246 times)  Share 

Munti123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What's the best textbook for general maths?
« on: November 18, 2018, 03:29:08 pm »
What's the best textbook for General 2 maths? Like ones with the curveball-type and difficult questions, and ones that require you to apply a wide range of skills and knowledge for the one question if that makes sense.

I am aware the syllabus has changed, but would still like recommendations! Thanks !  ;D

Any other advice or tips would be appreciated too!  ;)

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: What's the best textbook for general maths?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:53:33 pm »
What's the best textbook for General 2 maths? Like ones with the curveball-type and difficult questions, and ones that require you to apply a wide range of skills and knowledge for the one question if that makes sense.

I am aware the syllabus has changed, but would still like recommendations! Thanks !  ;D

Any other advice or tips would be appreciated too!  ;)
Hey!
Although the syllabus has changed, i would still recconmend looking at the textbooks of the old syallbus, as some of the content is still applicable.
The one i used was from cambridge 'hsc general mathematics 2' or something. A lot of the current group of year 12s are using it still!

Also would recommend looking at Atar NOTES' tutesmart tutoring
The tutors may also have some good recconmendations
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU