Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 01:27:53 pm

Author Topic: Procrasitination VS Productivity: The Ultimate Battle  (Read 1404 times)

shoez&soxs

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +4
Procrasitination VS Productivity: The Ultimate Battle
« on: June 03, 2019, 10:49:33 pm »
+12
Hello humans!!!! Well as you can probably tell from the title I am a huge procrastinator. Now, I'm not talking about getting distracted every now and then, catching myself watching random YouTube videos - I'm talking expert level procrastination, like watching hours of videos on how to study instead of just picking up my books and studying, reading the entire constitution when I have two essays due the next day I am sure you all are very aware what I'm talking about.

So now that you know the above I feel like we are better acquainted. So we have the 'action', procrastination, now on to the 'object' basically all of my subjects: English advanced and extension, ancient history and history extension, mathematics, physics and business services (which I completed last year... one HSC done and dusted! Woooooo).

Hmmmm did I hear you ask 'what about the adjectives and adverbs?' Ahh well, the descriptive words that are usually paired with my use of procrastination are: pointless, very-un-smart, detrimental, brave, habitual, creative, dangerous, humorous.

If you are thinking wow this is quite random, well you are quite right. 8)

Ahh yes so this age-old battle of procrastination vs productivity is waging war within me (even right now as I click these keys) so this HSC Journey Journal is an attempt, a strategy if you wish to tip the scales. To start with I will implement this 3 step plan:
1. Record what I wanted/ needed to achieve
2. Record what I actually did (including my 'moments' of procrastination - I have a feeling that this part is bound to give you a giggle)
3. Hold myself accountable  and (this is where you lovely people come in) Be held accountable by AN community
Don't worry throughout I will most definitely include my random thoughts and insights because I know how great other peoples randomity (yes, this is not a real word) and inner thoughts are for procrastinating with (which I know some of you people reading this are doing right now, but don't worry I won't tell anyone  :-X , plus kind of procrastinating my history extension major project by writing this now) 

Ok peoples that's it for my first entry, congrats if you made it to the end.  ;D
Question time: 'does anyone else kind of like racing the clock to finish an assessment or task (due to their procrastination). Internally you think: 'the teacher I'll run out of time if I start it the night before it's due.... haha watch me!!!' Ahhh the thrill of rebellion...

Peace out, peeps
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:09:56 pm by shoez&soxs »

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Procrasitination VS Productivity: The Ultimate Battle
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:26:22 pm »
+1
Are you my internal voice? Because you sound like it! (That’s supposed to be a compliment, but re-reading that makes it sound strange.) I had the same issue when I was going through the VCE, but have since then gained more and more discipline.

Anyway, I like your writing style and hope that (a) you beat your procrastination and (b) you keep yourself accountable by updating (regularly, if not often)! Good luck!

P.S. Besides procrastinating, what hobbies do you have?
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 01:29:10 pm »
Definitely a good way to stay accountable! We'll remind you. ;)

Welcome to ATAR Notes! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

shoez&soxs

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 07:07:50 pm »
Are you my internal voice? Because you sound like it! (That’s supposed to be a compliment, but re-reading that makes it sound strange.) I had the same issue when I was going through the VCE, but have since then gained more and more discipline.

Anyway, I like your writing style and hope that (a) you beat your procrastination and (b) you keep yourself accountable by updating (regularly, if not often)! Good luck!

P.S. Besides procrastinating, what hobbies do you have?

Bahah thanks, AngelWings plot twist - it's actually been me the whole time in the back of your head (re-reading that also sounds strange). So you slew the dragon..there is hope? I look forward to gaining said discipline.

Ahh thanks again, that makes two of us (hoping to update often- actually I am planning to update it later tonight)

I love reading, listening to music (of ALL genres), & spending copious amounts of time watching crime shows... currently obsessed with How to Get Away With Murder.
What are your hobbies??

shoez&soxs

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »
Definitely a good way to stay accountable! We'll remind you. ;)

Welcome to ATAR Notes! ;D

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 08:25:52 pm »
+1
Bahah thanks, AngelWings plot twist - it's actually been me the whole time in the back of your head
That is a good plot twist.

So you slew the dragon..there is hope?
Yep. There definitely is! Good luck!

Ahh thanks again, that makes two of us (hoping to update often- actually I am planning to update it later tonight)
Looking forward to it. :)

I love reading, listening to music (of ALL genres), & spending copious amounts of time watching crime shows... currently obsessed with How to Get Away With Murder.
What are your hobbies??
Haha...what do you know? Pretty much the same, just switch to specific genres of music and change crime shows to mystery novels. Have been meaning to watch How to Get Away with Murder, but... life is busy (work and all).

Side note: You can answer multiple people with one post. Just click the quote button like you did, answer and repeat for as many people as you like.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread