Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:55:58 am

Author Topic: Here's to the best year of my life...?  (Read 10772 times)

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
Re: Here's to the best year of my life...?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 08:59:08 pm »
+2
Hi BrittyG! ...
So to answer your question... The Monash Info Evening was really engaging and informative, particularly, the spokeswoman who knew her stuff about Clayton campus, what they offer and whatnot. Although, they don't offer any bridging courses for mathematics 1, and if you don't complete the prereq then you will not be able to apply or be accepted... which i was really bumbed out. However, I still have a passion in one day going to the institution probably with differing courses of BSci/BCom instead of my initial plan of BEng/BCom.
I will still try to apply to USYD and other universities since they do offer bridging courses.
One thing, that also caught my attention (or how I interpreted) was how she really emphasised on 'we only accept high-achievers, so if you're not one, then this university isn't for you' which I agree considering they are a recognisable uni globally, still, I thought that was a bit disappointing and discouraging.

Sounds like you enjoyed it! The fact that they said they only accept high achievers is pretty disappointing but you seem pretty set on what you want to do so you'll get there!! There's always backdoors into universities and such so keep your head up and keep smashing it :)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

cocopops201

• Forum Regular
  • She believed she could, so she did.
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 09:34:11 am »
+1
keep your head up and keep smashing it :)
Thank you! and thank you for always tuning in :)

cocopops201

• Forum Regular
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 10:07:57 pm »
+1
HI guys!
So I have recently completed my SOR and English re-written essay exams and now I've only got business to do next week. Currently just doing some CHEM hw (writing notes on CMM focus 4) and past papers.
I've also recently created a study timetable for maths and im super excited. Anyway that's all for now. :)

Will update you's more with my boring yet chaotic life soon.  ;D

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 10:27:58 am »
+1
HI guys!
So I have recently completed my SOR and English re-written essay exams and now I've only got business to do next week.

Will update you's more with my boring yet chaotic life soon.  ;D

Hey Cocopops!

What topic did you do your assessment on for SOR? and how did you find the exam?

Britt :)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

cocopops201

• Forum Regular
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 09:07:24 pm »
What topic did you do your assessment on for SOR? and how did you find the exam?
Hi BrittyG,

So sorry for the late reply, but our topic was on St Pope John XXIII - Significant Figure 
I got it back today actually and I got 18/20 !!
I also got English back as well and got 13/15
Now just waiting for Business which was on Operations Strategies.
I have assessments coming up for maths and chemistry next Mon/Tue/Wed and our second English Assessment the week after. This term has been crazily emotional and also a notice to a new beginning. I am just hoping I go really well in maths and chemistry  :-[ :D

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 01:16:06 pm »
+1
Ahhahaha I did not much these two weeks break...But like,  I told myself not to feel guilty for taking a much-needed break. Don't want to burn out, after all. ANyway, that's what I told myself. So....ready to get back in the swing of things. Called Trials.  :-\
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 05:29:04 pm »
Hi BrittyG,

So sorry for the late reply, but our topic was on St Pope John XXIII - Significant Figure 
I got it back today actually and I got 18/20 !!
I also got English back as well and got 13/15
Now just waiting for Business which was on Operations Strategies.
I have assessments coming up for maths and chemistry next Mon/Tue/Wed and our second English Assessment the week after. This term has been crazily emotional and also a notice to a new beginning. I am just hoping I go really well in maths and chemistry  :-[ :D

This is so good!! Congrats on your marks, your hard work is paying off!

How do you think you went in your assessments this week so far? ... or are they next week?
HSC 2018

cocopops201

• Forum Regular
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2018, 07:21:58 pm »
+7
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but should share my experiences through out the HSC period.

SO for my HSC results i got:

English St: 88
Business Studies: 85
Mathematics: 74
Chem: 72
Religion 1: 39
Hospo: 81

For all the future year 12 students, I recomment to practice with what you're having trouble with at least once a week so you are kept consistent. I wish I tried better, but with my marks I got into the University of Wollongong for Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce! I'm super excited I got in as I am very excited to explore university life and take advantage of everything that wollongong offers.

My experience:
Applied for E12 SYD for Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce and got a Conditional offer for SRS and waiting for offers in January round.
Applied for Rural scholarship at UNSW, got accepted for interview, but unsuccessful due to my atar.
However, I have applied to the FEAS at UNSW for engineering and waiting for january rounds!

SO my atar was 79.85 SO CLOSE TO 80s (only if I worked harder oops)

But from my experience, to get a 90 atar really in your sciences(including math)/modern history and english if you get a band 6 in two of them it will scale you to a 90 atar. And for Standard English apparently its really hard to get a band 6 but with only 2 marks off I believe anyone could do it (just look through books at your library with sample responses and adopt previous students responses).

Mind you, I did top Business and English in the Canberra and Goulburn region so i was pretty happy with that!!!!!

And honestly though, If someone like me who got a 48 in their trials for Mathematics and recieved a 74 in the HSC, anything is possible!!

P.S thank you atarnotes for helping me though out my hsc life :)

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2019, 01:59:20 pm »
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but should share my experiences through out the HSC period.

SO for my HSC results i got:

English St: 88
Business Studies: 85
Mathematics: 74
Chem: 72
Religion 1: 39
Hospo: 81

For all the future year 12 students, I recomment to practice with what you're having trouble with at least once a week so you are kept consistent. I wish I tried better, but with my marks I got into the University of Wollongong for Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce! I'm super excited I got in as I am very excited to explore university life and take advantage of everything that wollongong offers.

My experience:
Applied for E12 SYD for Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce and got a Conditional offer for SRS and waiting for offers in January round.
Applied for Rural scholarship at UNSW, got accepted for interview, but unsuccessful due to my atar.
However, I have applied to the FEAS at UNSW for engineering and waiting for january rounds!

SO my atar was 79.85 SO CLOSE TO 80s (only if I worked harder oops)

But from my experience, to get a 90 atar really in your sciences(including math)/modern history and english if you get a band 6 in two of them it will scale you to a 90 atar. And for Standard English apparently its really hard to get a band 6 but with only 2 marks off I believe anyone could do it (just look through books at your library with sample responses and adopt previous students responses).

Mind you, I did top Business and English in the Canberra and Goulburn region so i was pretty happy with that!!!!!

And honestly though, If someone like me who got a 48 in their trials for Mathematics and recieved a 74 in the HSC, anything is possible!!

P.S thank you atarnotes for helping me though out my hsc life :)

Omigosh, my story is so similar to yours!

I did different subjects but basically I got into Law and Global Studies at ACU, which I'm happy about now but am still nervous telling people about.

I wish you the best of luck for this new year  ;D
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats