Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:27:47 pm

Author Topic: I just did a biology 3/4 test and i messed up  (Read 874 times)  Share 

vasanth17095

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I just did a biology 3/4 test and i messed up
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:15:33 pm »
Ok so i just did a biology 3/4 test and messed it up pretty bad, will this effect my study score. I know this has been asked a bunch of times but everyone says different things. how much do sacs contribute to your study score and how much to exams contribute for?

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
Re: I just did a biology 3/4 test and i messed up
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:48:57 pm »
+4
Ok so i just did a biology 3/4 test and messed it up pretty bad, will this effect my study score. I know this has been asked a bunch of times but everyone says different things. how much do sacs contribute to your study score and how much to exams contribute for?
Unit 3 SACs contribute 16%
Unit 4 SACs contribute 24%
The exam contributes 60%

Also, don't be too worried about you mark in of itself. I'm not sure, but I don't think the mark itself matters all that much (since it will moderated by the exam), I think your relative performance to other students is a better indicator (but I'm not all that knowledged on how all the magic SS calculations work). For example, my SAC marks were pretty low (mosty high 70s and low 80s) but I was ranked 2nd in the class and got a pretty decent SS (44).
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:42:04 pm »
+3
As Erutepa said,  your exams contribute more.

Additionally,  your SAC scores are moderated (changed based on how people go on the exam and how good your SAC marks are compared to your classmates).

I did pretty poorly on one of my SACs and was upset and stressed about it but still got a 47 study score - as long as you learn and improve it's not too late! 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 01:02:50 am »
+4
I would think since it is only late february there are plenty more sacs left this semester for you. If you don't end up doing well on this particular sac you can still bring up your rank by performing well on the next sacs of unit 3. To do this you need to try to work out why you did badly on the first sac  - unprepared, sac pressure, time management etc and then try to work out ways to overcome them in the next sac.