Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 04:06:19 am

Author Topic: I am feeling very stressed and anxious (URGENT)  (Read 642 times)  Share 

QQwerty12345

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I am feeling very stressed and anxious (URGENT)
« on: October 03, 2019, 12:37:26 am »
There is 2 weeks - less than 2 weeks until the English exams and I am very very screwed. I can't remember anything from the trials including everything I have learnt and worse, I always get stumped at ANY type of practise question which wasted a lot of time. any question, even I tried to do another one. What should I do? considering that time is running out and I cannot afford to waste any time. I am really stressed, english is my weakest subject and if I failed, things might not be well. Hope someone replies to this because I am panicking.

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
Re: I am feeling very stressed and anxious (URGENT)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 11:04:49 am »
+2
I suggest making a table to divide your essays into sections. For each of your themes, or the topic of your paragraphs (you should have 3ish body paragraphs) create a list of quotes (3-4 per paragraph), techniques and analysis. Once you do this you can begin writing practice essays and look at your table to see which pieces of evidence are best suited to helping you answer the question.

Also I suggest even just looking at practice questions and writing a thesis to answer it. The thesis is the first thing a marker will see, so make it strong and marks will be rewarded in your favour. A thesis is usually 1-2 sentences and is focuses solely on answering the question, try bringing in some terms from the rubric for that module as well.
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: I am feeling very stressed and anxious (URGENT)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 03:15:21 pm »
+1
Also try to break things down as much as possible when you're tackling a question. Some questions can be super intimidating when you look at them as a whole, but if you break them down bit by bit and address each part, it becomes a lot more achievable.

I'd also recommend having a chat to your teacher. They'll be able to give you some tips that are a bit more specific to do and I'm sure they'll have heaps of experience in getting students through exams so they'll know what to do. All the best :)