Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:23:59 am

Author Topic: STRESSED OUT  (Read 675 times)  Share 

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
STRESSED OUT
« on: April 02, 2019, 01:43:08 pm »
+1
Hello,
I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I opted for here...

Lately Yr 11 has had a toll on me, as even though I feel calm and collected, my hair is literally FALLING OUT, like in big CHUNKS, which is apparently a sign of stress! Apparently you can be stressed without realising it...  ???

This is surprising, as I feel like I am cruising through, getting everything in on time, and getting pretty good marks...so I was wondering does anyone else feel the same way??

And what do other people do to deal with their stress??
I may not be the strongest. I may not be the smartest. But I'm damn well going to try my hardest.

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
Re: STRESSED OUT
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:10:50 am »
Apparently no one else has this issue??  :-[
I may not be the strongest. I may not be the smartest. But I'm damn well going to try my hardest.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:32:09 am »
+2
hey I think the hair issue is related to something else....not stress 😂
but on that note, year 11 is a pretty big jump from year 10,  but determination and motivation for reaching a certain point proves to be helpful to me.
Just keep going the way your going as it sounds your doing fine ... (keep it up)
Only like a year and 8 months till year 12 exams and end of high school... 8)
good luck
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »
+4
Hello,
I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I opted for here...

Lately Yr 11 has had a toll on me, as even though I feel calm and collected, my hair is literally FALLING OUT, like in big CHUNKS, which is apparently a sign of stress! Apparently you can be stressed without realising it...  ???

This is surprising, as I feel like I am cruising through, getting everything in on time, and getting pretty good marks...so I was wondering does anyone else feel the same way??

And what do other people do to deal with their stress??

Hey, toocoolforschool!

Stress can be either immediate or cumulative. From the signs you’ve identified, I believe it would have to be a case of cumulative stress. Year 11 is definitely a difficult transition from Year 12 and without being in check with your health and body, you’ll notice the effects over time. I used to break out whenever I was experiencing heavy stress so although it might not be a direct result of your stress, check out the hair loss problem to make sure it isn’t something more problematic  :)

Being a hardworking and high performing student can sometimes lead to over-exertion without you even realising it. I would suggest making sure you allocate rest periods amid your study time to relax, feed yourself and keep yourself happy. Year 11 and 12 requires resilience and physical strength, as much as mental and emotional strength, so maintain a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep and stay fit whenever you can. You’ll develop good habits for the future and balance out the aspects of your life accordingly  ;D

If you’re still experiencing stress, perhaps arrange to see your Year Advisor or someone that can help you sort out how you are thinking and feeling. You can identify any other potential causes and derive solutions more effectively with their help  8)

Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:28:23 pm »
+1
K thanks everyone! ;D

I will definitely be getting this hair problem checked out!!   ???  ;D