Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:38:38 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261328 times)  Share 

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #765 on: November 09, 2017, 11:12:20 pm »
+2
HELP PLEASE - For the WHO priorities, Is one of them health related MILLENIUM or SUSTAINABLE development goals?? As haven't they changes to sustainable?

Yup, they're sustainable development goals now. VCAA released a study design amendment for this at the start of last year.

How does the 6 mark interrelationship marking scheme work? Can you provide an example worth 6 marks?

I believe you get 1 mark for each interrelationship (at least this is what I was told - better to overwrite anyways). Here's the sample answer from the 2016 examiner's report:

By increasing the number of people immunised, it is likely the prevalence of diseases such as
measles would decrease, hence promoting immune functioning and physical health, while also
decreasing U5MR. When in good health, children can go to school (increasing social
sustainability) and learn new skills such as reading, hence enhancing their capabilities and
increasing employment prospects, expanding their choices (increasing human development).
With increased employment prospects, individuals can achieve a higher income, increasing the
number of people paying tax (increasing economic sustainability). When the government of a
country has more money, they can invest in healthcare facilities hence increasing people’s
access to health, such as immunisation (increasing human development). With increased
access to healthcare services such as immunisations, a person may have less stress and
anxiety around getting sick, decreasing stress levels and promoting mental health. Hence, an
immunisation program would promote life expectancy and enable both current and future
generations to develop to their full potential, promoting sustainable human development.

Last minute questions hahaa

- WHICH FATS RAISE HDL LEVELS? CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME DIFFERENCE/SIMILARITIES BETWEEN SATURATED, TRANS, POLY AND MONOUNSATURATED FATS?
- DO DFAT ONLY PROVIDE FUNDING TO NGOS ONLY?

- Only poly increases HDL; both unsaturated fats decrease LDL. Saturated and Trans fats increase LDL levels, with trans fats also in addition decreasing HDL levels. Saturated fats are usually from animals (think dairy and fatty cuts of meat), trans fats are in processed foods (as trans fats are mostly man-made; there are only trace amounts of it naturally), mono: avocado and nuts, and poly (omega 3) fish, and poly (omega 6) seeds.
- Nope. They also provide aid to foreign governments.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:24:30 pm by remi »

Sunset.T

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #766 on: November 10, 2017, 04:16:13 pm »
Okay, with the exam if one question uses the abbreviation SDG does that mean you can automatically use that abbreviation in any answer after that instead of writing the whole thing out?

Also in a interrelationships question I linked health to HD and then linked it back to health. Then took another example from the program and did another HD and linked that to sustainability, but then I linked sustainability to health.
Was I supposed to link sustainability back to HD?
2017: HHD [42]
2018: Biology, English, Further Maths, PE

Sid2006

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »
If my score for Unit 3 is 100/100 and 98/100 for Unit 4, and I think I dropped about 10 marks in the health exam today, what is the likely study score I'll get?
Thank you!

Otaku and Proud

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2017, 10:46:25 pm »
Does anyone know if the HHD paper from today's exam has been released or where I might be able to find it? Thanks!   :)

harunaa

• Adventurer
« Reply #769 on: November 11, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
If im higher rank (in sacs) than someone who ends up doing better than me on exams, would they get a higher ss than me

MrUnknowwn

• Adventurer
« Reply #770 on: December 01, 2017, 07:07:10 pm »
Should I repeat HHD again in 2018 despite all the study design changes? I am probably looking around a 33 study score this year?...

emi87

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #771 on: January 18, 2018, 08:13:57 pm »
hey guys I have a question:

What is the difference between emotional health and mental health?

I can't seem to tell the difference  :'( :'(

chezza

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #772 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:29 pm »
hey guys I have a question:

What is the difference between emotional health and mental health?

I can't seem to tell the difference  :'( :'(
hey, so the way I think of it is like, mental is more to do with the wellness of the mind and the functioning of the mind eg stress and anxiety. so like wellness of the mind instead of illness if that makes any sense? and then emotional is like emotions and feeling, recognising and expressing them and all that kind of stuff. I still get confused on this all the time, especially spiritual health and wellbeing. If you have the 3/4 Jacaranda textbook, there is a little section on page14 about the difference between the two. hopefully I helped a little, good luck!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:54:59 pm by chezza »

joshgoundar

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #773 on: February 25, 2018, 10:24:57 pm »
VCCA released the exam specifications for the hhd exam with the new study design.
In the document, it states "At least one question, or one part of one question, will be worth 8–10 marks"
Does that mean there will be a 10 marker with the new study design?
It will be intresting to see what the practise exam VCCA releases will look like I guess.
2017: Biology, Psychology 
2018: English, Methods, Chemistry, Health and Human Development
2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne

bach34

• Adventurer
« Reply #774 on: April 02, 2018, 04:21:00 pm »
Hey all, Can someone please give me a coherent description of what the determinants of health are in 2-3 sentences (paraphrasing it)? I don't have the textbook so if someone can also please attach the actual definitions that would be great! (please include which textbook you got the deifnition from) Thanks guys 

joshgoundar

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #775 on: April 16, 2018, 12:24:20 pm »
So VCCA released the sample quesitons for the new study design
anyone else think that some questions are quite out there, it seems this new study design will have more questions asking to "evaluate" and to discuss "to what extent do you agree" with a statement.
Feeling the chills with this new format :/
2017: Biology, Psychology 
2018: English, Methods, Chemistry, Health and Human Development
2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #776 on: April 16, 2018, 12:41:54 pm »
So VCCA released the sample quesitons for the new study design
anyone else think that some questions are quite out there, it seems this new study design will have more questions asking to "evaluate" and to discuss "to what extent do you agree" with a statement.
Feeling the chills with this new format :/

Yeah, interesting - I think I agree with you. I found questions 3 and 4 of particular note. Very interesting indeed.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Jackson.Sprigg

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #777 on: April 28, 2018, 05:48:08 pm »
Hey guys, I'm honestly confused about when to include statistics in an answer and when to just broadly refer to them. In a lot of practice questions I either include them unneeded or didn't refer to them when I was meant to. So are there any key words/phrases I should be looking for to know when to include data in my answer?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:54:58 pm by Jackson.Sprigg »

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #778 on: May 06, 2018, 09:16:11 pm »
Hey guys, I'm honestly confused about when to include statistics in an answer and when to just broadly refer to them. In a lot of practice questions I either include them unneeded or didn't refer to them when I was meant to. So are there any key words/phrases I should be looking for to know when to include data in my answer?

If the question specifically states use data or refer data then you will need to mention the statistics ,otherwise for HHD there is no need to memorise specific statistics :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #779 on: May 07, 2018, 01:48:06 pm »

Hey, do you have any examples of questions you've struggled with? I usually included data if it was presented in the question (whether it was explicitly asked for or not).

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.