Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:49:00 pm

Author Topic: Can I get these scores?  (Read 562 times)  Share 

Arrowboy25

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Can I get these scores?
« on: July 23, 2020, 09:15:27 am »
Hey everyone

I currently am in year 12 and go to MHS so my cohort is fairly strong and my most our sacs scale up especially for the STEM and English subjects.

If I did mediocre for Unit 3 (so around C+ to B+ range at school for Sacs), if I was to get As or A+s for Unit 4 and get an A+ for the exam, would that mean I could potentially get a 40 - 45 study score range? Is it possible to get like an A on GA1 but high A+s for GA2 and GA3 and still get a 40+?

Also, if you full mark the exam or close to full mark the exam, can that mitigate or ''discard'' a sac you did comparatively poorer on?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Can I get these scores?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:48:29 am »
+2
Hey everyone

I currently am in year 12 and go to MHS so my cohort is fairly strong and my most our sacs scale up especially for the STEM and English subjects.

If I did mediocre for Unit 3 (so around C+ to B+ range at school for Sacs), if I was to get As or A+s for Unit 4 and get an A+ for the exam, would that mean I could potentially get a 40 - 45 study score range? Is it possible to get like an A on GA1 but high A+s for GA2 and GA3 and still get a 40+?

Also, if you full mark the exam or close to full mark the exam, can that mitigate or ''discard'' a sac you did comparatively poorer on?
Depends on what subject but if you get in the A+ range for unit 4 and the exam it would be possible to get 40+.

Full marking the exam will help you if you did badly in your sacs but it won't "discard" them. They are still part of your study score.

MHS sacs generally scale up but you usually only get the best scaled sac scores if you rank relatively highly in your cohort. Not everyone in those cohorts do well so if you ranking is poor you won't get as much help from sac scaling as one may think.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:50:20 am by Sine »